Thread: Russia Threatens Military Response to US/Czech Missile Deal

Russia Threatens Military Response to US/Czech Missile Deal

Best way to cut oil and food prices: start a world war that kills a billion people, thereby lowering demand.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 295309.ece
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Russia Threatens Military Response to US/Czech Missile Deal

Military response can simply mean targeting those sites with nucs..not a big deal. The Russians have target packages for every U.S city. The Russians dam well know this technology can't be deployed to hold off a large scale attack so its not really a threat to Russia. Sounds like Russia is just trying to tell the world "Hey we are still here, pay attention to us."

However I do find it ironic that we are putting these sites in place to defend Europe against a threat from Iran but how many times have we said we can't let Iran get a nuke? So if we aren't going to let Iran develop nukes then why do we need these sites in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    However I do find it ironic that we are putting these sites in place to defend Europe against a threat from Iran but how many times have we said we can't let Iran get a nuke? So if we aren't going to let Iran develop nukes then why do we need these sites in Europe?
    Asking such a question can mean only one thing: YOU HATE FREEDOM!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Why exactly does the United States NEED to Pay off the Czech republic and Poland to protect "Europe"?

I believe its NATO endorsed, but does any of Western Europe want to actually pay for it? Perhaps they can find a host country that will "bid" on the radar system?

Maybe Turkey will do it for the price of inclusion to the EU? After all, small price to pay for protecting the core member states.. France, Germany et al. No?

Maybe Turkey is the wrong place geographically? Where is the rogue missile supposed to originate anyway? I have to break out some maps.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

The ironic thing about this all is that Russia is helping out the Iranians with their nuclear ambitions. This whole installation program is based on threats from the Middle East, which Russia seems more than happy to help out militarily. All they need to do is stop the program and there wouldn't be no missile defense. It's not like the Russians are short on cash with oil at all-time highs, so they don't really need the money. Not to mention, the Iranians help fund the Chechnian separatists. What does Russia have to gain by this? Just to show that the "Bear is back"? They're only screwing themselves in the long-run.

Russia is all wacked up. Their air force has also been infiltrating our airspace in alaska for the past few months...