Thread: Build Your Own F-35 Lightning II Fighter Jet

Build Your Own F-35 Lightning II Fighter Jet

If you want to have your own F-35 Lightning II fighter jet, look no further because Stephen Trimble—from the always-good The Dew Line—has sent us high resolution instructions showing Lockheed Martin's construction process. Piece by piece, the instructions look straight from the Pentagon's Lego set. Grab yours after the jump, along with the shopping list with all the materials you need and actual images of some of the steps.

http://gizmodo.com/5021998/build-your-o ... ighter-jet
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Build Your Own F-35 Lightning II Fighter Jet

I love the "shopping list":

- 29,036 pounds of composite, aluminum, titanium, and miscellaneous alloys for the fuselage.

I wonder if I can pick that up at Home Depot? :D

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Re: Build Your Own F-35 Lightning II Fighter Jet

The JSF is designed to have good, but not great, technology, since it's being shared completely from inception with so many countries. The construction and the angles and the physical dimensions probably aren't worth it to hide - the item that probably needs the tightest security is any sort of radar absorbing coating, or the composite fabrication/various metallurgy processes.