Thread: The waterfalls

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

The waterfalls

I went to Brooklyn Bridge Park to get the waterfalls this evening. Quite a disappointment, but pictures anyway:

Bigger sizes available on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adamtrilling/

Re: The waterfalls

get a boat, do it from the water :lol: :lol:
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    get a boat, do it from the water :lol: :lol:
    Actually, I think it's placed so you can get a good view from the South Street Seaport area.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Actually, I think it's placed so you can get a good view from the South Street Seaport area.
    Yeah, I'd try that if I had a long enough lens that my tripod could hold :oops:

The NY Watertaxi has a free ferry to the IKEA in Brooklyn from South Street Seaport. I forget which days and times, but anyway, it should get you closer to at least one of the Waterfalls.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    The NY Watertaxi has a free ferry to the IKEA in Brooklyn from South Street Seaport. I forget which days and times, but anyway, it should get you closer to at least one of the Waterfalls.
    My deity...IKEA in Brooklyn is probably spending more money to get people in the store then they are actually making selling furniture...the buses have completely infested Park Slope...

Those are "waterfalls"? A few firehoses propped up by scaffolding? Talk about overhype.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Those are "waterfalls"? A few firehoses propped up by scaffolding? Talk about overhype.
    It's really a joke. My girlfriend says it's like the end of a water park slide. Some of the photographers I've met while attempting to get pics had traveled long distances to see them, and had some much less repeatable opinions. :)

This guy who designed them prides himself on his scaffolding designs. Guess what: NYers see scaffolding much like they see pigeons...it's all over the place, it's ugly and it usually smells bad when you walk by it. Also, that looks like about as much water as a fire hydrant with one of those sprinkler caps on it.

If I happen to venture downtown for some reason this summer I'll check them out but otherwise I'm not going out of my way to see them.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Got a better shot...

Your photo of the bridge is stunning, looks like it was taken around 30-45 mins after sunset and is exactly the same shot i wanted to take when i came to New York on 21 Oct 2003, but by the time we got to East River (9-10pm) the sky was pitch black so my photos never turned out to be that good.

Oh well never mind............. still had a brilliant time in New York :)

What location did you take it from ?