Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks to close 600 U.S Stores

Re: Starbucks to close 600 U.S Stores

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    1. Decide what you want to order before your turn in line...
    I think Seinfeld would call them the Coffee Nazis :)

You may have degrees in Business and Psychology, but I think my Engineering degree will be more useful trying to order something at Starbucks!
    NO MOOSE, The Soup Nazis actually has.....GOOD SOUP!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

That's it...enough with the ordering etiquite. I'm sorry Tommy, but when a place needs detailed instruction on how to order a fricken coffee, that's just absurd. Egadz! I'm buying a by the cup coffee maker and when I want to enjoy the rich tasty goodness of a fine beverage made from roasted beans I'll simply say to myself "Hey @$$ hat, make me a cup of coffee."
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Tell me you actually called someone as @ss Hat?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    That's it...enough with the ordering etiquite. I'm sorry Tommy, but when a place needs detailed instruction on how to order a fricken coffee, that's just absurd. Egadz! I'm buying a by the cup coffee maker and when I want to enjoy the rich tasty goodness of a fine beverage made from roasted beans I'll simply say to myself "Hey @$$ hat, make me a cup of coffee."

Those things are no good Kenny! Btw I'm a coffee snob...it’s my thing, like some people with wine and cigars. I’m like that with coffee. Now if you want a fine coffee machine I recommend the Cuisinart DGB-900BC coffee maker. Here's a link http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/produc ... 6&cat_id=3

I have that model and it’s AWESOME! Grinds and brews, I'll only drink freshly grounded coffee.

Now as for coffee itself you different varieties that offer varied flavor. Some of what’s in my house right now include…

Costa Rican- Perhaps the boldest tasting coffee there is. This coffee is not for the weak of heart and can be very bitter. It’s a very dark coffee grown in very dense jungle with soil rich in minerals.

Indonesian Coffee- Very similar to Costa Rican but a very distinct after taste. Not my favorite.

African blends- Coffee from Kenya is very good and has a very earthy taste to it. It’s smooth and consistent throughout your entire palette.

Hawaiian- There are two types of coffee from Hawaii, Kona and Blue Mountain. Blue Mountain has a much bolder taste then Kona since it grown in the volcanic region where the soil is extremely acidic which translates to a very powerful and bitter coffee. Kona is grown much closer to the ocean grown in the sandy region. Kona is ok but Blue Mountain if much better.

Jamaican Blue- Now for those of you who have smoked weed once, twice or a number of times in your life you will know the purple leafs are the most potent...well the same holds true for Blue Jamaican coffee beans. These beans ARE very high in natural caffeine and have a very dark blueish look to them. I like this coffee in the winter the most.

Btw I'm a coffee snob...
    You sound like Peter King!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

With all that caffene in your system it's no wonder I get so many blurry rejections.
    j/k Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    With all that caffene in your system it's no wonder I get so many blurry rejections.
    j/k Tommy.
    Keep it up and you might see more. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted: With that said my coworker and I are going to yes you know where...Starbucks, yes I really am!

Jamaican Blue- Now for those of you who have smoked weed once, twice or a number of times in your life you will know the purple leafs are the most potent...well the same holds true for Blue Jamaican coffee beans. These beans ARE very high in natural caffeine and have a very dark blueish look to them. I like this coffee in the winter the most.
    Because it gets you super f***ed up? :borat:

This is a Venti Vanilla Bean Blended frappuccino with whipped cream. Kenny the next time I spot with you I'm taking you to Starbucks and buying you one!

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

This is a Venti Vanilla Bean Blended frappuccino with whipped cream. Kenny the next time I spot with you I'm taking you to Starbucks and buying you one!
    Note to self: Make sure to show up to this. Could be funniest moment in history of plane-spotting.

This is a Venti Vanilla Bean Blended frappuccino with whipped cream.
    It's not even the right color - what the hell is in that stuff, Tommy?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

It's called a Grande Moose...please get it right. A "small" is called a Tall. There is also a new size, a Short which is smaller then the Tall.

Now since I'm a kind man and a with Advanced degrees in Business and Psychology I will take the time now to help you understand and order your beverage from Starbucks. This will make your visit more enjoyable and your drink very tasty. Please read below...

1. Decide what you want to order before your turn in line.
    Decide if you want a hot or cold beverage, and which size.

Four sizes for hot beverages:
    Short (8oz)
    Tall (12oz)
    Grande (16oz)
    Venti (20oz) (trade-marked size) Venti is Latin for 20

Three sizes for cold beverages:
    Tall (12oz)
    Grande (16oz)
    Venti (24oz) Again here's the Latin thing...

Decide what type of beverage you want.

Brewed coffee,
    Coffee of the week (COW). COW is generally a bold, mild and decaf, though they can change the offerings after 2pm, or as they run out. Remember, if you are inside; ask for room for cream if you need it. It's a lot less embarrassing than cleaning up all the coffee you spill or have to pour out into the trash bin.

There are three types of tea. Short and Tall teas come with one tea bag. Grande and Venti come with two. Cold teas come shaken with either a dilute of water or lemonade, and are served sweetened unless requested otherwise. The standard sweetener is Classic Syrup, which is flavorless sugar syrup. Valencia is the old standard for syrup, and is available upon request. (Note: Valencia is being phased out of Starbuck's syrup offerings.)
    Green
    Black
    Herbal infusions, such as Passion Fruit

Non-espresso based drinks. These are generally referred to as creamers or steamers. They are basically a latte with no espresso and are made with any available syrup.
    Hot chocolates
    Caramel apple ciders

Cold drinks include iced coffee, iced espresso and frappuccino. Same sizes and oz's, but no short size, and iced venti is 24 oz. Ice espressos are the same as their hot counterpart, except served over ice cubes (non-blended). There are two basic types of frappuccinos:

Coffee base
    Crème Base (CBB), which is a mix of a secret powder and nonfat milk.
    Coffee Light is made with Sucralose (splenda style sweetener) and is served sans whip, and a decaffeinated coffee base. Determine how much caffeine you want in your beverage. Remember that just because it’s bigger doesn't necessarily mean it will have more caffeine.

Espresso Drinks (This is my drink of choice). All Lattes, Cappuccinos, and macchiatos have the following shots:
    1 in short and tall
    2 in Grande and hot venti. I generally add one or two extra shots. I add two shots if the day is rather stressful.
    3 in iced venti

Americanos:
    2 in a tall
    3 in Grande
    My personal favorite, 4 in venti, I generally add one or two extra shots. I add two shots if the day is rather stressful.

Mocha Valencias:
    2 in a tall
    2 in Grande
    3 in venti
    Choose the type of milk or non-dairy creamer you want. If you opt for anything other than whole, non-fat, or 2%, you will be charged an additional cost. It is possible to create blended milk, which is a mix of whole and non fat, though its actual mixture will very depending upon the barista preparing it.

Whole
    2 percent (the standard unless specified - as of 2007)
    Nonfat
    Breve(half and half)
    Heavy Whipping Cream (un-whipped)
    Soy
    Organic

You can add whipped cream to any drink for no extra charge. Whipped cream is made with heavy whipping cream and 8 pumps of vanilla syrup.

Speak directly at the cashier after you have their attention, and when placing an order. If you must turn away to point to something, remember that speaking in a different direction will make it difficult for the cashier to hear you in a noisy environment.

Ask your cashier for any pastries or items from the 'ready to eat' case first, if desired. Do alternate the ordering of pastries and coffees as it will slow down your wait time, as well as everyone else's wait time behind you.

Now order your beverage and enjoy.

Starbucks also has a rather nice selection of music favorites from local and popular artists to choose from.
    i prefer my way tommy, going to the bodega on the corner where they make the cup for me when i walk. i don't even have to tell them what i want they already know. did i mention that it only costs me $1.00 and i don't have to plant a tree for make up for all the gas i used because i WALK there?

(i'm not going to explain what a bodega is, go watch "how high")

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Tommy, you would have loved the flight kitchen coffee we got for tanker flights. Brewed in a 55 gallon drum, we would pick up one or two one-gallon metal containers along with our box lunches before heading to the jet. The containers had built-in heaters which plugged into the galley. Unfortunately, the on/off toggle switch on the galley was rarely marked, and not always installed in the same direction. Typically, you found out the switch was in the wrong direction about 30 minutes into the flight, when the Boom Operator brought you a cup of cold, black coffee. You tell the Boom to flip the switch the other way, and an hour later you have re-heated black coffee. After about an 8 hour flight, it was just what you needed to wake you up for an ILS to minimums. :D
    that still doesn't beat making it in your own canteen cup, so simple even the grunts can do it!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Looks like cream of sum yung ghai, I think I'll avoid that like rape. Coffee should be sans milk, sans sugar, and sans bull**** and enjoyed whilst listening to colon stomping music like Kiss, Zeppelin, or Sabbath and not the smooth soothing sounds of the Eagles and Hotels in California. A good coffee is not nursed like one of those concocktions but pounded like a virgin on prom night. But, hey, iffin you wanna buy something...one of those brewhaus ambers would hit thee spot!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

...one of those brewhaus ambers would hit thee spot!
    Along with a cheeseburger? :lol:

Looks like cream of sum yung ghai, I think I'll avoid that like rape. Coffee should be sans milk, sans sugar, and sans bull**** and enjoyed whilst listening to colon stomping music like Kiss, Zeppelin, or Sabbath and not the smooth soothing sounds of the Eagles and Hotels in California. A good coffee is not nursed like one of those concocktions but pounded like a virgin on prom night. But, hey, iffin you wanna buy something...one of those brewhaus ambers would hit thee spot!
    Now you'll get nothing and like it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: