Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In-N-Out on Long Island soon???

Re: In-N-Out on Long Island soon???

To add, I don't recall having any good dining experiences in LA. Myself and my girlfriend at the time took exception to each place we went to. Either there was something WRONG, or the place was overhyped and did not live up to their reputations.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Actually I avoid fast food altogether.

I will enjoy In and Out when I'm in LAX but can't wait for Pacific Dining Car.
    Phil, you have to tell me more!
    Ok...hold on...how many times have you said the girls in your office get fast food and you get some kind of burger you nurse throughout the day??? And wasn't you who said I have to try Checkers? Hmmmm something shady going on here.. ;)

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

To add, I don't recall having any good dining experiences in LA
    Wow, really? What threw you about the Dining Car?

how many times have you said the girls in your office get fast food and you get some kind of burger you nurse throughout the day??? And wasn't you who said I have to try Checkers? Hmmmm something shady going on here..
    OK Toolio, I had Checkers 2 weeks ago. The second time in over a year. That is the operative term. Had a grilled chicken burger and a Champ burger no mayo, pre-workout meals.

I hate fast food but if Im in a jam and I at at the 2.5 hour mark and need food, I still try to make it a healthy option regardless the joint.

(of course, I know how to cheat now. And I prefer cheating with GOOD food. )

Like I said I'll do In and Out in Sept. Its a family affair, jet fuel and burgers, the ambience cannot be beat.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Like I said I'll do In and Out in Sept. Its a family affair, jet fuel and burgers, the ambience cannot be beat.
    Think again! I'm sending them your picture to put at the counter..."Don't serve this man, he's a non believer!" ;) :lol: :lol:

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Just had a bacon cheeseburger. Deli.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I have a new favorite burger place as of last night: Island Burgers and Shakes, 9th Ave and 51st St.

I'd heard a lot about it and I've tried to go there for lunch a few times, but it's a pretty small place and there's always a line out the door at lunchtime so I'd never bothered. But last night I was walking by around dinnertime and it was empty, so I went for it. Wow.

It is nothing like In-N-Out...they have 45 varieties ranging from a conventional cheeseburger to a few that are topped with au poivre sauce to the one that I got, the "Sam I Am": pesto, American cheese, ham and sliced hard boiled egg. Well seasoned thick patty, sturdy bun...it had so much flavor it didn't even need ketchup. Lettuce, pickles and red onion are served on the side so you can build it with whichever you'd like.

Notes:
    - No fries. The menu even explains why...they don't have room for a fryer. They offer baked potato or chips instead. The chips were nothing special.
    - All the burger varieties can be made instead with a chicken fillet they call churasco, if you'd like, and from the reviews I've read, the chicken is pretty awesome as well.
    - Chocolate shake was pretty good, but was basically just melted ice cream, nothing special and a bit pricey. Hold out for the Coldstone down the block if you want ice cream.
    - Price: Burgers range $7 to $10, $1.25 for chips, $3.25 for a baked potato with butter.

Menu: http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/menu?id=7143695
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I tried Five Guys today, and thought it was pretty good.

A double cheeseburger with pickles, fried onions, tomoatoes, with fries and a drink cost over $10, which I thought was a little much. However, they give you a billion fries. I thought, like most "fresh" burgers, they are somewhat narrow, and with all the fresh ingredients, end up being tall, and then falling apart at your first bite.

I give it a 7.5.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].