Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out on Long Island soon???

Re: In-N-Out on Long Island soon???

The one in College Point is next to my bank. Anyone, let me know if you want to try it with me.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Nice, whoever it was should get free burgers for a year!

In related news, I tried a new In-N-Out-style burger place called "5 Guys" in Midtown the other day. Apparently they started in DC and they have shops in College Point and Brooklyn. Burger was hand made, double patties, whatever toppings you want, not In-N-Out but quite good. Unfortunately the fries were pretty weak, and it's expensive...cheeseburger + fries + drink came to over $14.
    Wow that's a total rip off! Inn-N-Out for the same meal is 5 bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Wow that's a total rip off! Inn-N-Out for the same meal is 5 bucks!
    Indeed, though a ticket to L.A. is around $400. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I've seen that 5 Guys place in Brooklyn...it's the only sketchy store on a block with a lot of really good inexpensive food...

The Midtown one isn't very glamorous either despite its pretty high profile location on 55th between 5th and 6th. Also, if you like peanuts (I don't) they have barrels of free salted and unsalted for the taking.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    The Midtown one isn't very glamorous either despite its pretty high profile location on 55th between 5th and 6th. Also, if you like peanuts (I don't) they have barrels of free salted and unsalted for the taking.
    Hmmm the thought of communal peanuts on 5th Ave isn't so appetizing... :(

They're in the shell.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Hate to say it but Inn and Out is NOT exactly THE definite culinary experience in LAX that Tom makes it appear to be. And its certainly not better than All American. Its just that the jet fuel permeates through the burger seasoning and it makes the burger seem a bit better. Thats all. :mrgreen:

In fact, $10 says that if I gave you a burger from In and Out and one from All American, you can't tell the difference.

BUT, I will further hypothesize that if you took All American and relocated it to just outside JFK, suddenly, All American would be as good, if not better, than In and Out.

Got a trip to LAX soon and we'll hit In and Out on the days that I go spotting just cause its convenient, not b/c they overprocess their cow any better than anyone else.

Want good cow? http://www.pacificdiningcar.com/ Comes recommended by a friend and I recently read another article about it. A 24 hour steakhouse in an old railroad car. I can't wait :mrgreen:

Flame away, Senor Tomas!!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

The Pacific Dining Car is in LA, right? I was there back in '04. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Hate to say it but Inn and Out is NOT exactly THE definite culinary experience in LAX that Tom makes it appear to be. And its certainly not better than All American. Its just that the jet fuel permeates through the burger seasoning and it makes the burger seem a bit better. Thats all. :mrgreen:

In fact, $10 says that if I gave you a burger from In and Out and one from All American, you can't tell the difference.

BUT, I will further hypothesize that if you took All American and relocated it to just outside JFK, suddenly, All American would be as good, if not better, than In and Out.

Got a trip to LAX soon and we'll hit In and Out on the days that I go spotting just cause its convenient, not b/c they overprocess their cow any better than anyone else.

Want good cow? http://www.pacificdiningcar.com/ Comes recommended by a friend and I recently read another article about it. A 24 hour steakhouse in an old railroad car. I can't wait :mrgreen:

Flame away, Senor Tomas!!
    YOU have no clue what your talking about! When it comes to Chain fast food joints Inn-N-Out is top. Yes All American is much better...and you would have seen I said that if you read this entire post ;) Pacific Dinning car is a one location joint so you can't compare, hell Bubba Burgers on my own BBQ are better then Inn-N-Out but from a chain standpoint they are the best, no question. I've enjoyed Inn-N-Out at each location that I've visited and not just the one outside LAX. Now since you have decided to $hit on the Inn-N-Out name I'll send your picture to their legal dept as well for looking into ;) LOLOL

Better chain restaurant burgers:

Chili's, Also McD's.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

What I find a bit funny is that fact someone can speak so passionately about something and not know how to spell it correctly!!! (*cough, cough*...IN-N-OUT, Tommy...oh, and you too, Mario! :P )

Fact of the matter is, Tommy's right. In-N-Out is divine. It's simply the best burger on the planet. I'm sure I'll never be able to find any better than those made ever-so-adeptly by LaToya, Shantelle, Javier, and the rest of the crew...

Since moving to NYC from L.A., I haven't been able to find anything quite like In-N-Out....but...I THOROUGHLY feel Five Guys is the next best thing. I go there when I'm feeling culinarily "homesick." :P

Don't worry guys, I was sure to think of you yesterday while eating my double-double and watching planes here in L.A. It was so good, I just might do it again next week! :lol:

- jMay
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Better chain restaurant burgers:

Chili's, Also McD's.
    Mario Chili's isn't a fast food chain and you think McD's has better burgers? GOOD LORD...those things are freaking gross! Wendy's has better burgers then McD's.

Actually I avoid fast food altogether.

I will enjoy In and Out when I'm in LAX but can't wait for Pacific Dining Car.
    Phil, you have to tell me more!

I don't remember much from it. I ate there with a certain blonde that you might recall.

But I don't eat hamburgers outside of fast food joints. I don't think they taste good at all. I would NEVER EVER order a burger in a restaurant or a diner. If a slab of meat is that good, why would I want to hide it in between bread? I'd rather have a steak.