Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

I contacted the Port Authority back when G-BOAD was looking for a home and I got a response. They weren't interested in giving her a home. JFK would have been the perfect place, too. They gave several reasons, including no room but I forgot the others. I agree with the other posters here that JFK has plenty of room, especially at the main entrance at the Van Wyck. Instead, they are using that space for advertising signs. I also believe that they don't want to see a steady crowd of aviation enthusiasts coming to see G-BOAD on a daily basis. The Port is not "camera-friendly", if you know what I mean. Also, housing the Concorde gives the PA no revenue. How could they charge to see an aircraft outside in the open? Money is probably the real reason. Do you think if the Intrepid Museum was free to the public that they would accomodate the aircraft? No way!

Thanks for your support and understanding. The guards by the Concorde in Brooklyn were very nasty as you say. Unfortunately, the accident where the truck crashed into Concorde's nose happened in the middle of the night, when the guards were off-duty however Aviator Sports should have had surveillance cameras turned-on 24/7. I can't say if that would have helped but maybe it would have. Another problem, the fence they built around "Alpha-Delta" didn't fully extend to protect her droop nose. Her nose was hanging over the fence so she was a sitting target just waiting for that accident to happen. Again, I point fingers at both Aviator Sports as well as the driver of the truck.

Speedbird1

You're welcome :)

I contacted the Port Authority back when G-BOAD was looking for a home and I got a response. They weren't interested in giving her a home.
    Thats basically the same story with BA. On the surface they are "interested" in Concorde but from what i heard unofficially their managers don't care.

Its extremely depressing and sad to think that the flag ship of my country is now being treated like rubbish by every one who was meant to look after her.

G-BOADs sister G-BOAB is still at Heathrow outside the old Concorde hangers see
    :-
    http://concorde35mm.110mb.com/page18.html

there where roomers to get her put inside or outside the new Terminal 5, but so far thats not happened.

When any one tries to speak to Heathrow management about her, they don't get a reply so who knows whats happening to her.

>Although at the time her nose was busted there where no "patrolling" security guards, as you said they did have 24 hr CCTV and they could have easily got the trucks number plate from that and fined the driver.<

Actually he wrote "They SHOULD HAVE HAD surveillance cameras turned on 24-7" but they really didnt need them since wasnt
    the truck there contracted out to remove equipment from some type of fair? Would have been easy to ask the fair organizers
    the name of the moving/trucking company that was used. And not even sure if legally anything could have been done against
    the driver. Maybe sue the company to pay for fixing the broken nose.
    Did anyone contact the National Park Service about the damage as they are one of a number of official partners of Aviator.
    The whole list is on their website (including the US Army).

the people that did this should be locked up for this (no offense). but this is something we thought of,designed and built and conquered.
    concorde when i went to see it about 4-5 years ago when i was around 8 i was said that it wasent flying anymore but these are kept in perfect flying order and could probably still take of today.
    but the pics that i have now seen from the one we gave you is bad.such an achievement lying there unwanted were ther are loads of airports in the uk that are probably willing to sell themselves just to get one of these on their land for even a minute.

ps son of concorde rumors spread that a son of concorde that would travel twice as fast as her old sister is a concept idea.

and this is what there meant to look like
    http://www.grouptravelorganiser.com/ass ... llsize.JPG
    concorde at manchester IN WORKING ORDER with all seats cockpit and bits still attcacthced even has her own hanger.