Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Thank you for joining. However, I find your introductory post to be incredibly rude.

"New Yorkers", as in all of us, did not do this. This isn't a "New Yorker" blaming point. The fault lies not on "New Yorkers", but on management of Aviator Sports, who neglected the aircraft.

If you read a few posts above, or the other news articles that have been out lately, you'd see that the problem is being rectified, and the aircraft is being rstored within the next couple weeks and will be much better protected. Hence, there is no need, and no chance, of it leaving NY anytime soon, to anyplace such as Canada.

Not pointing out you, "Concorde YYZ", but I'm getting tired of all of the media and our international "friends", who seem to continue to say that "Americans" or "New Yorkers" "destroyed" the Concorde. It is racist towards Americans, and extremely unfair, as there are just as many Americans here, as seen on this site, who care immensely about the Concorde and are ready to dedicate as much time necessary to see to it that the prior incidents do not happen again. We New Yorkers and Americans are the very reason it got so much media attention, or was even brought up to begin with. It is incredibly disrespectful and irresponsible for the media of all people to cast blame again "America". the Telegraph is guilty of this with their headline "US leaves Concorde gift from UK to rot in airfield." The fools that I've seen over at Anet, should be ashamed at their comments, and I would love to see these reporters and other people who sit behind their computers say it in front of us on this side of the pond.

If you're going to post like that, do it elsewhere, as your time spent here will be short-lived. You should be THANKING New Yorkers for holding Aviator Sports accountable and pushing hard to solve the problem on the local level, bucko.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Phil

I agree with what you say but give this guy a 2nd chance, ok he's put his foot in his mouth but i dont think he intended to be so rude.

Welcome Concorde2YYZ.

I didn't ban him, he's got more than a 2nd chance.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (caution: disturbing photos)

Yes, a big hats off to member "G-BOAD" for literally getting it all started. His photos were referenced in the NY Times article and it just continued from there. Excellent work. :)
    Thanks Phil; and great editorial!

thanks for using my photo :D

Phil,

With all due respect that was not my intend to do so, i'm sorry if it came across to you in that manner. We got got slammed like that by Americans when our S Connie left our country and was bought by MOF!, but none of us looked at guys from your end in this way, we tried our best to keep it here but wasn't successful.

Anyhow i'm glad that you guys took upon yourselves to do good for this aircraft, yes it was neglected by few not all and those few are aware whom they are. Other thing is if i was to trash anyone i wouldn't had asked to join your efforts in my original post, this clearly means i'm with you guys to help in rectifying this situation and give this Queen it's elegance and grace back once again that she deserves.

As for trying to bring her to Canada, well that's a lonng shot and it does show that we will accept it if there is a need to be.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Concorde2YYZ
    As for trying to bring her to Canada, well that's a lonng shot and it does show that we will accept it if there is a need to be.
    The same could be said in bringing her back home to the UK and placing her near the London Eye but that won't happen....... If she was going to be moved it would (I feel) go to JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Concorde2YYZ
    Phil,

With all due respect that was not my intend to do so, i'm sorry if it came across to you in that manner. We got got slammed like that by Americans when our S Connie left our country and was bought by MOF!, but none of us looked at guys from your end in this way, we tried our best to keep it here but wasn't successful.

Cheers
    Thank you very much. We will keep our international friends posted with updates. :)

Here's yet one more article in today's Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bro ... floyd.html

Here's yet one more article in today's Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/bro ... floyd.html
    Funny that I caught this in the Brooklyn edition of the Daily News that a co-worker had. Usually I read the Bronx edition but he is on
    vacation.

I feel bad about the guys over at the Intrepid....This really blind sided them and they sound pissed......or (outraged) and now doing everything they can to fix Concorde now that international focus is upon them. I imagine that the overhal of an AIRCRAFT CARRIER must take up a lot of the small staff's time. Over at the AAM, everyone thinks of the aircrafts around them as "their" responsibity. When Felix was there, I was draining the water after every rainfall (but nobody asked me to and never really understood I was doing it often until later.....It was my responsibility. When I would read the early articles they all looked like they were throwing the blame at the Intrepid. That was until Phil started talking to everyone in the media.
    Thanks for all you have been doing to make sure people print articles that really show the true story.
    And Mr. White....for being just as red in the face as the rest of us.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Last Landing shot of her, How I will always remember her!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I witness G-BOAD leave heathrow for the last time.

Below are my notes of the event
    :-
    http://www.leconcorde.eu/com_forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

These are the last photos i took of her take off from Heathrow
    :-

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/ ... n_divx.flv

G-BOAD on her visit to Boston before ending her days in Newyork!

Some more :borat:

I took these in 2003 at Heathrow