Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (caution: disturbing photos)

I agree this is disgraceful. You can register your complaints at [email protected] and at [email protected]. Evidently, a truck driver moving equipment from a Jamaican event at 3 AM struck the aircraft. What happened to the nose cone? Is the driver responsible for the cost of repairs? Is the aircraft insured? The Intrepid has financial difficulties caused by the new pier built for the Concorde and the refurbishing of the carrier. At least the Concorde will no longer sit on a rusty old barge. Imagine what Londoners must think of us Brooklynites. If we sent over Air Force One for them to display in London, for example, and they cracked the windshield and broke pieces off, etc. What would we think?

Speedbird, most of your questions have been answered throughout this thread already.

Aviator Sports is already well-aware of our displeasure as well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I took a ride over there yesterday. It really is a shame the condition the concorde is in.

And who's bright idea was it to put a swimming pool right next to it?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

There is a story in the UK's Telegraph about G-BOAD, with a quote from "US air expert Phil Derner Jr"!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1398378.ece

I was talking to a reporter to make sure they got the facts straight and gave Phil her number......

I made sure she understood that the widow was not cracked by impact and this is what we get! :borat:

I wish just one time they would listen and get the story straight. UGH
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    There is a story in the UK's Telegraph about G-BOAD, with a quote from "US air expert Phil Derner Jr"!
    Hmm, name sounds familiar.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

well at least there is now media coverage back in AD's homeland. this may be enough to get BA especially to force those in charge to restore alpha-delta to her former glory. i just hope that the bad info that was published by the media doesn't come back to haunt either Mr. Derner or our group.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i just hope that the bad info that was published by the media doesn't come back to haunt either Mr. Derner or our group.
    Why would it?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yesterday I contacted the Telegraph about her, they never replied to me but today they did a story on her so they must have taken some notice of my e-mail.

I heard this from a friend in the UK

From this morning's BA News:
    [quote:20ip008p]
    It's a nose job for Concorde

Engineers will travel to New York to assess damage to a Concorde that is on loan to the USS Intrepid Museum. Concorde "Alpha Delta's" nose cone, which was damaged after being hit by a lorry, will be repaired in the next few weeks.
    [/quote:20ip008p]

Ok, here's an update for all of you.

I finally spoke with Bill White, the Intrepid President, today. He is very grateful for our organization (namely, G-BOAD) to bringing this to the Intrepid's attention, as they don't know how much time would have passed before they learned about the nose damage and the general treatment of the aircraft.

He said that they have worked with BA to create standards for how the plane will be treated until its return, and Aviator is complying with that.

The perimeter around the aircraft will become secure and will be guarded 24/7.

As for us, he said there does not seem to be too much that we can do at this time. However, though he feels it's unfortunate that it took this Concorde issue for us to be introduced, that he promises that he will get us involved with various programs and events at the museum.

A big thanks to all of you who helped out with this. We, as a group, really did make a difference here, and I hope you are all proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Ok, here's an update for all of you.

I finally spoke with Bill White, the Intrepid President, today. He is very grateful for our organization (namely, G-BOAD) to bringing this to the Intrepid's attention, as they don't know how much time would have passed before they learned about the nose damage and the general treatment of the aircraft.

I'm sorry but its hard to understand how Intrepid could not easily find out G-BOAD's state.

He said that they have worked with BA to create standards for how the plane will be treated until its return, and Aviator is complying with that.

The perimeter around the aircraft will become secure and will be guarded 24/7.
    They should have done this from day 1 (10 Nov 2003) and not now when the damage is very very bad.

As for us, he said there does not seem to be too much that we can do at this time.
    With the greatest of respect if it wasn't for us my Concorde G-BOAD would have still been rotting in hell and would have got worse........ we (and the person G-BOAD) alerted the world to what happened and (in our own way) we all helped in saving her..... so we have done some thing.

However, though he feels it's unfortunate that it took this Concorde issue for us to be introduced, that he promises that he will get us involved with various programs and events at the museum.
    I'd like to be involved but due to distance (3,500 miles) i can't physically take part.

A big thanks to all of you who helped out with this. We, as a group, really did make a difference here, and I hope you are all proud.
    I'm proud to be part of this group :) and proud that as part of this group i helped to save G-BOAD in her hour of need (as from my end i told the UK press, the BBC, BA and US Ambassadore about it.) ........ better than last week when there was no coverage.

But we still need to keep an eye on G-BOAD and make sure she is well looked after.....

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

I sure the others do too, but I've stopped by AD on a few occasions, and I can say with some certainty that nobody expected to see the show of disregard displayed here.

Great catch Mat! You got the ball rolling and made a real difference!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Hello everyone!,

I learned about AD's damage on A.net little while ago, i informed our Museum's curator and board members about the damage that AD suffered while being totally neglected being in NYC!, I also asked them to look into with BA with possibility to have her brought here to Toronto as Concorde has flown in and out of Toronto since it first flight in 1979 till last flight on i believe 2nd October 2003 almost twice or thrice a year. I was at top of T1 when she flew into YYZ on 1st and then fly out on 2nd October 2003 for it's last flight to Canada. I didn't believed when i saw thousands of people who came to see her were all around the airport's perimeter. Some of them didn't believed that she was flying for 30 years as they thought it was only couple years old airplane!. I would like to join your organization in order to help restore AD back to it's glory or to bring her to Toronto YYZ. It will be honor for us Canadians to preserve her in her glory that she deserves and not how New Yorkers have treated her...

New Yorker's least you guys could give her a wash!!...

Regards

Thank you for joining. However, I find your introductory post to be incredibly rude.

"New Yorkers", as in all of us, did not do this. This isn't a "New Yorker" blaming point. The fault lies not on "New Yorkers", but on management of Aviator Sports, who neglected the aircraft.

If you read a few posts above, or the other news articles that have been out lately, you'd see that the problem is being rectified, and the aircraft is being rstored within the next couple weeks and will be much better protected. Hence, there is no need, and no chance, of it leaving NY anytime soon, to anyplace such as Canada.

Not pointing out you, "Concorde YYZ", but I'm getting tired of all of the media and our international "friends", who seem to continue to say that "Americans" or "New Yorkers" "destroyed" the Concorde. It is racist towards Americans, and extremely unfair, as there are just as many Americans here, as seen on this site, who care immensely about the Concorde and are ready to dedicate as much time necessary to see to it that the prior incidents do not happen again. We New Yorkers and Americans are the very reason it got so much media attention, or was even brought up to begin with. It is incredibly disrespectful and irresponsible for the media of all people to cast blame again "America". the Telegraph is guilty of this with their headline "US leaves Concorde gift from UK to rot in airfield." The fools that I've seen over at Anet, should be ashamed at their comments, and I would love to see these reporters and other people who sit behind their computers say it in front of us on this side of the pond.

If you're going to post like that, do it elsewhere, as your time spent here will be short-lived. You should be THANKING New Yorkers for holding Aviator Sports accountable and pushing hard to solve the problem on the local level, bucko.