Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (caution: disturbing photos)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder
    I just heard in the UK that Intrepid are implying they don't have enough money for G-BOAD and they want us to help ........ can any one from NY shed any light on this ?
    If any help is needed from our end, let me know and I'll coordinate it.

-Phil
    Nice one mate :), I appriecate your continued help and support :)

On Save Concorde Group i read the following by Project Oxcart also called BA195.

The Aviator Sports company was sold to another group after Alpha Delta had been placed at there facility and the new people decided to renage on the deal that the old owners had set up with Intrepid.

So it is a bit of an iffy thing at the momment as the people whise names are on the Contract with intrepid are not those who now owne the Aviator Complex and as such have decided not to fulfill the Contract agreed with intrepid which is there right under US law.

The only Fly in the ointment is that no one told BA about this change in Aviators willingness to look after AD and then when AD was Damaged by a Truck leaving a Jamacain music festivel at the Aviator complex at 3AM in the morning (Jamacia home of Grass and Bongs) I wonder if the trucker was mashed at the wheel.

No one told BA about the nose being ripped off Now it has been reported in the NEW YORK times so it is public knowledge that AD has had her nose ripped off.
    Looks like the lines of communication went down after the other company took over so not sure where the land lies and what else can be done to save G-BOAD.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Mario

Old mate as far as I know i never made any anti-NY rants, but i was very upset with Intrepids attitude.

Jet, not you but just something I have noticed on various threads. Not you at all though.

I agree and i think these days BA Concordes still have a much higher profile than AF ones, but what happened to an AF Concorde was almost as bad G-BOAD.
    Disagree on "almost as bad". AD's nose cone was an unfortunate accident whereas F-WTSA was defiled by local graffiti artists. That is vandalism at its worst.

Tom and Matt, I know what the plans are but times change and so I wonder if prevailing heads have as well.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I would like to let everyone know that an email has been sent, representing NYCAviation, to Aviator Sports, The Intrepid Museum, BA and other relevant parties, concerning our disapproval for the current state of the Concorde.

In addition, I have posted an editorial that all of you can read here: http://nycaviation.com/editorials#derner070708
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Very nicely put Phil.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I would like to let everyone know that an email has been sent, representing NYCAviation, to Aviator Sports, The Intrepid Museum, BA and other relevant parties, concerning our disapproval for the current state of the Concorde.

In addition, I have posted an editorial that all of you can read here: http://nycaviation.com/editorials#derner070708
    Brilliant job Phil, thank you for your continued support for G-BOAD :) :)

I am in a state of shock that the nose of my beloved Concorde was broken-off. I read nothing about this in the newspapers or on TV reports. This is how important they regard this. They are busy reporting on the love life of Christie Brinkley and A-Rod. Disgraceful. A truck must have accidentally gone into the nose but where is the piece? Did Aviator at least retrieve it? Shame on them. The droop nose is 1 of the most distinctive parts of the Concorde. I visited in June and except for a cracked windshield, the aircraft looked OK. A security guard harrassed me because I was taking photos from through the fence. Where was he when the damage occurred? Aviator Sports should get a lawsuit. Why should Intrepid have to pay for repairs? Thanks Phil for sending those e-mails. I will also send my own. This is a disgrace; no wonder the British never wanted to give us a Concorde in the first place.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    Aviator Sports should get a lawsuit. Why should Intrepid have to pay for repairs?
    The Intrepid isn't going to foot the bill for repairs. It is covered under Aviator's insurance policies. Question is can they secure a new radome?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1
    A security guard harrassed me because I was taking photos from through the fence. Where was he when the damage occurred?
    Exactly taking photos of a plane from a public place is normal as Concorde isnt a USAF fighter......... In summer 2003 at Heathrow I had exactly the same problems as you but i also had Heathrow Police badly harrasing me for no valid reason and like you I was taking photos from a public place.......

Now when G-BOAD really needed the security guard who bugged you was no where to be found....... Makes you wonder about things.

no wonder the British never wanted to give us a Concorde in the first place.
    But in 2003 BA's "men of power" never ever listened to the public........

JFK was used by both BA and Air France, so Air France could have given JFK one of theirs.......but Dulles Airport in Washington I think got an Air France one.

I didnt mind G-BOAD being given to New York but personnaly i didnt want G-BOAD being given to Intrepid as on 21 Oct 2003 (when one of my friends showed me Intrepid) i had gut feeling it wasnt a good place and i was proved right....... but no one listened to me....

As some one suggested on here JFK have a place which Samsung uses, get Samsung off and put G-BOAD there...... she will never be damaged again.

Question is can they secure a new radome?
    You could do but not from the spare parts bin, it would have to be from a private collector as in 2004-2005 BA and Air France sold at auction every spare part they could their hands on.........stuff and manuals they could not sell they threw in the bin .......... Computers and software which was used for Concordes daily life where scrapped or erased, none of them where kept or given to a museum.....

That was an utter disgrace as they in effect sealed Concorde's fate so it would be almost impossible to get one back for airshows etc with out spending huge huge sums of money re-making the spare parts + infastructure etc.

Because G-BOAD will never fly it would be easier and cheaper to talk to Airbus (who made Concorde)
    :-

Airbus Americas
    198 Van Buren Street Suite 300
    Herndon, VA 20170
    U.S.A.
    Phone: +1 703 834 3400
    Fax: +1 703 834 3341

Get the measurements and then get a local car body shop to make the nose out of fiber glass and fit that to G-BOAD.

Or

ask Boeing to make one as they have G-BOAD's sister G-BOAG at the Seattle museum
    :-
    http://www.museumofflight.org/Display.asp?Page=Concorde

So they could take her nose off, measure it and send the dimensions back to Intrepid to have it made fixing her would not be hard......

Look what they can do to clapped out old rust heaps on Pimp my ride, fixing Concorde would easy for guys like that.

Oh my goodness ! My morning is ruined. To see such a beautiful bird in bad shape. She belongs in the air once again, and if she will be treated this way, put her at JFK or the Cradle of Aviation !
    "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
    — Leonardo da Vinci

This has now become a pretty substantial international story, with The Associated Press putting out a piece on their wire this morning and republished by their hundreds of affiliates worldwide: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hPgb ... wD91PIMCO1

NY1 also picked up the story: http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=83519

Gothamist did a post yesterday which links to this thread: http://gothamist.com/2008/07/07/concorde.php

Some good news:
    Intrepid president Bill White has promised the nose will be fixed within a couple weeks, and issued an apology to British Airways, stating that Intrepid and/or Aviator should have provided better security.

I hope they do something about the pigeons, too, as I think that is just as disturbing as the broken nose.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Well the News took it"s time getting out but Once the New York Times Started the Ball rolling every one else followed along real fast and now AD is an International star again.

Which is making life hard for any one who has been mistreating AD I am wondering how many people have been sending diasproving e-mails to the Intrepid and Aviator it would be interesting to find out but it"s probably not somthing they will whant to talk about. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Project Oxcart
    Well the News took it"s time getting out but Once the New York Times Started the Ball rolling every one else followed along real fast and now AD is an International star again.
    The person who started the ball rolling was G-BOAD for putting photos on here and telling the world what was going on and Phil-D as he contacted the press, The New York times finally printed it, the others are now following the lead.

In the UK today I've contacted most of the national newspapers about it but so far i aint had any replys from them.......... so who knows if they will take notice ?...........

The fact that more press in the USA is taking it up shows people in the states do care about G-BOAD and i hope G-BOAD will be better cared for.

As for Intrepid........ so far i aint written to them...... dunno if i will........ but I'm glad they've said sorry to BA and glad they will step up security.

If Alan Sugar had been in charge of BA i feel he would have said to Intrepid you're fired, give me back my Concorde and lets put her at JFk........

Yes, a big hats off to member "G-BOAD" for literally getting it all started. His photos were referenced in the NY Times article and it just continued from there. Excellent work. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Security now looking after BOAD

Security

What is this chipping underneath?

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

They should beware the revenge of G-HOST.

The GHOST of Concorde based at Exeter England. :shock:

Alpha Delta could use a wash as the black lines on her side are Rain Streaks that all Concorde"s get after a few weeks out in the open.

The Chipping is probably where the hatch has been used and the paint has got damaged and not been repaired.