Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (caution: disturbing photos)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder
    Did any one find out who these councellors where as they need to be spoken to by NYC Police and charged for possible criminal damage.
    No offense, but, you're not from around here, are you?

I think if you called the police about this, they might get around to coming out sometime next year. Not exactly the "crime of the century" in New York City, even if there was actual physical damage involved.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I think if you called the police about this, they might get around to coming out sometime next year. Not exactly the "crime of the century" in New York City, even if there was actual physical damage involved.
    And even iffin they did respond, the job would be ****canned to keep crime stats down.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Did any one find out who these councellors where as they need to be spoken to by NYC Police and charged for possible criminal damage.
    No offense, but, you're not from around here, are you?
    Hi Moose135

No offense taken :), you're right I aint from New York, I'm from a small town just outside London in England.

I don't know to much about NYC Police but I'm suprised about how low they'd rate this.

In the UK if anything like this happened the Police would come over pretty fast and start to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    IIRC Anthony Weiner was a vocal ADVERSARY of Concorde. I read the local newspaper on the day of Concordes last flight and he was very much against Concorde.
    How powerful is this guy and how come Concorde was allowed to use JFK. if Anthony Weiner was so against her.

On her last day sounds like while the rest of us Concorde chasers (from both sides of the ocean) got very depressed about it I feel he must have been extremely happy inside.

Since Aviator is currently in charge of the Concorde, and they are the ones that broke it, do you really expect them to call the cops on themselves?

If I go outside and kick in my own car, I'm not gonna call the cops.

It's also not on public property, and if the Intrepid or BA would like to pursue something, then maybe THEY have that option. As sad as it is, though, I wouldn't call it criminal.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

The aptly named Anthony Weiner can seem like an okay enough guy, and his power is quite limited at the moment, but unfortunately he is somehow perceived to be a viable candidate to become Mayor one of these days. And for all the issues people may have had with Bloomberg and Guiliani before him, the city has been "spoiled" by having them, considering the rogues gallery/freak show of possible candidates that are ever present in New York.

Again, Weiner does not generally seem terrible, just a bit of lightweight, but when it comes to aviation, this guy is a Demagogue - against concorde, against the heliports, against general aviation in vicinity of the city etc.. Lets hope he stays in Brooklyn; he's not ready for prime time.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

In the UK if anything like this happened the Police would come over pretty fast and start to investigate.
    We're talking two different things here - the damaged nose was an apparent accident, not something the police would necessarily get involved with, beyond taking an accident report for insurance purposes (and we don't know that that didn't happen). Kids bouncing a ball against the plane (especially if it didn't cause damage) isn't really a crime that the police will spend time investigating.

How powerful is this guy and how come Concorde was allowed to use JFK. if Anthony Weiner was so against her.
    Concorde began passenger operation in 1976 - Weiner was 12 years old at the time, not really in a position to stop it. He is currently the US Congressman representing portions of southern Brooklyn and Queens. He was a member of the NYC Council before that, was unsuccessful in a bid to be the Democratic candidate for Mayor in 2005, and is expected to run for Mayor again in 2009.

We're talking two different things here - the damaged nose was an apparent accident, not something the police would necessarily get involved with, beyond taking an accident report for insurance purposes (and we don't know that that didn't happen).
    Thats what happens the UK as well unless its a hit and run.......

Kids bouncing a ball against the plane (especially if it didn't cause damage) isn't really a crime that the police will spend time investigating.
    From the pictures Phil showed those balls have caused dents on G-BOAD, so the Police need to find those kids and give them a good telling off..... if that didnt work given them an Asbo (kids version of a criminal record).

Concorde began passenger operation in 1976 - Weiner was 12 years old at the time, not really in a position to stop it. He is currently the US Congressman representing portions of southern Brooklyn and Queens. He was a member of the NYC Council before that, was unsuccessful in a bid to be the Democratic candidate for Mayor in 2005, and is expected to run for Mayor again in 2009.
    Ouch sounds like this is a "man of power"and has huge ambition ......... If it wasnt for aviation we'd still be living in the Victorian age (where ships where the fastest way to cross the oceans, but next to planes took forever).

Wonder what he uses for travel when goes to Europe or the rest of the world ........ bet he uses a plane....... yet he is so anti-aviation .......... man that sounds like a mixed up dude.

Well the New york Times has spoken about Alpha Delta.

New York Times Story
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/nyreg ... ref=slogin

Gordon posted this on his forum so i thought you should see your local news paper.

Lurch

Thanks for that link :)

Phil and forum members of New York well done :) :) :), the press in USA have noticed G-BOAD.

Pity the press in the UK didnt give a bleeeeeeeeep about it.

>Well the New yourk Times has spoken about Alpha Delta.<

Nice. It looks like the group has SPOKEN and they LISTENED!!!! Very cool. And I like how everyone is "upset" and "apologetic". Hell, if we
    didnt start ranting here and phone calls etc made by group members NOTHING would have been done. Let's see how long it takes.
    So a truck moving equipment from a Jamaican festival at 3AM hit it? "Ya man, we didnt see dat ting. Too much smoke in the cab of the truck ya know
    what I mean"? :lol:
    BTW I apologize if the above statement OFFENDED anyone. :D

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Gerard and all.

I want to thank Mat for bringing these images to our attention.

All I did was let my colleagues overseas see Mat's images and that set the ball rolling.

Last week was an interesting week. Once I posted Mat's link, a barrage of anti-NY rants began, saying how we neglected Concorde. Yet when I brought up the logical argument, that they allowed outright graffiti on one of the AF birds, they went mum.

I have a ton of thoughts about it but it was an accident. Lets get her back to her original glory.

And can we see work on a way of persuading JFK to take her? There is tons of land where it can go and with airport security as it is, it would be protected.

thoughts?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

She's set to head back to Intrepid later this year according to the Times article, so I don't think she's moving anywhere else.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Once I posted Mat's link, a barrage of anti-NY rants began, saying how we neglected Concorde.
    Mario

Old mate as far as I know i never made any anti-NY rants, but i was very upset with Intrepids attitude.

Yet when I brought up the logical argument, that they allowed outright graffiti on one of the AF birds, they went mum.
    I agree and i think these days BA Concordes still have a much higher profile than AF ones, but what happened to an AF Concorde was almost as bad G-BOAD.

I have a ton of thoughts about it but it was an accident. Lets get her back to her original glory.
    Youre right...... whats done is done and the past can't be changed but G-BOAD now needs to be fixed and kept safe. I hope this will include putting her engines back or if that causes an issue for Intrepid at least make fake fiberglass front and back faces to stop corrosion of the inlets.

New York is bound to have talented artists who can easily do this.

And can we see work on a way of persuading JFK to take her? There is tons of land where it can go and with airport security as it is, it would be protected.

thoughts?
    How could we do that ?

Who owns JFK ?

Who's the chairman of JFK ?

I just heard in the UK that Intrepid are implying they don't have enough money for G-BOAD and they want us to help ........ can any one from NY shed any light on this ?

thoughts?
    Yes, please persuade Port to put her next to the NYCA spotting pavilion.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

I just heard in the UK that Intrepid are implying they don't have enough money for G-BOAD and they want us to help ........ can any one from NY shed any light on this ?
    If any help is needed from our end, let me know and I'll coordinate it.

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].