Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (caution: disturbing photos)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetinder

The public need to be educated about Concorde and what she is…….. they don’t understand what Concorde could really do.
    Welcome to the fold Jetinder. Here's the thing...the general attitude of people in New York can easily be summed up in five little words..."I don't give a f***." You could educate all you want and most would look at you like those psycho African-American "street preachers" going on and on about how white people are born from Satan. There's not one person on this board who wants to see AD go, and we'd all die a bit inside if she was cut up, but IMO if NY can't/won't take care of her like she needs...we gotta love her enough to let her go. BTW, very impressive with the facts.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

...The following DVD
    :-
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Concorde-27-Yea ... B0000C668W

has video of one these round the world flights.
    I was actually watching this DVD last weekend, and highly recommend it to anyone. After seeing how AD was used in such historic flights it truly hurt me when the next day I saw the aircraft so damaged.

I emailed BA today, (showing them the pictures) and hope they offer some solution.

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin

The public need to be educated about Concorde and what she is…….. they don’t understand what Concorde could really do.
    Welcome to the fold Jetinder. Here's the thing...the general attitude of people in New York can easily be summed up in five little words..."I don't give a f***." You could educate all you want and most would look at you like those psycho African-American "street preachers" going on and on about how white people are born from Satan. There's not one person on this board who wants to see AD go, and we'd all die a bit inside if she was cut up, but IMO if NY can't/won't take care of her like she needs...we gotta love her enough to let her go. BTW, very impressive with the facts.
    Thank for welcoming me :)

LOL....... New York people have character LOL thats why they use the F word a lot, saying that Gordon Ramsey (famouse British Chef) uses the F word a lot as well LOL.

I like New York and its people.

I agree with you, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

A bit off topic but those African-American "street preachers" who go on and on about how white people are born from Satan........ are very very stupid and sick people, they have got their facts utterly wrong as every race / religion etc have good and bad people in it, all the white people i met are good people and 99% of my friends are white.

Anyway back to the topic.

I'm glad you all feel the same as me about G-BOAD and I'm glad you guys are doing some thing to high light her plight and try to save her.

On 21 Oct 2003 when i came to NY one of my old Concorde friends drove me to Intrepid........ when i saw it i was horrified and could feel G-BOAD was not going to be looked after........ 4 1/2 years later she's in a very bad way and my fears where correct.

I agree JFK is the best place to show her and if she had been left there she would have had all her engines etc left intact, she can still be moved to JFK now.

I agree if NY can't look after her, then she needs to be moved to a place where she can get TLC...... (how about Kennedy Space Centre next to a Saturn V). Her sister Concordes are well looked after, one is in Seattle at the Boeing museum, one is in Barbados, other 4 are in the UK.

MirrorD was right NY needed a Concorde but before any one considers moving her from NY, people need to contact BA in the USA and UK to high light our worries and see what happens, more people do that more i hope BA will listen and act.

I'm glad you liked the facts...... i've been a Concorde chaser since 1976 (when i was 6-7 years old) and over such a long time you start to appreciate the bird.

They should put her along the Van Wyck at the JFK entrance where the Samsung phone is like they used to have at Heathrow...
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Would she fit there ?

The one at heathrow wasnt real i think it was 1/2 size model of Concorde.

Would she fit there ?

Yes it would fit there...but Samsung has a contract with Port for another 2 years at a million bucks a year so that ugly hand is staying for now. The Airport manager at JFK would love her there but there are issues beyond her control preventing the Concorde from returning to her rightful place at JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    No Kenny, some of those people have lost their minds! While unfortunate, it was an accident. I doubt someone deliberately intended to damage her.

Unlike what happened in France:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Would she fit there ?

Yes it would fit there...but Samsung has a contract with Port for another 2 years at a million bucks a year so that ugly hand is staying for now. The Airport manager at JFK would love her there but there are issues beyond her control preventing the Concorde from returning to her rightful place at JFK.
    Concorde is roughly the length of and width (wing tip to wing tip) of a 747, if there is enough space for her there then that would be good for JFK.

Paris - CDG have a Concorde on display at the airport.

No Kenny, some of those people have lost their minds! While unfortunate, it was an accident. I doubt someone deliberately intended to damage her.

Unlike what happened in France:
    Agreed G-BOAD probably did have an accident but was the truck driver (who smashed in to her) blind or drunk....... as even at night you couldnt miss Concorde as she's white and will show up in any head lights.

Ultimately it was Intrepids responsibility to make sure G-BOAD was safe, Intrepid failed that task (as they didnt park G-BOAD in a safe position) and i feel some people in management need to be sacked for this .......... but i bet a mars bar no one at Intrepid will be sacked and i bet they will get G-BOAD back.

Until 2003 G-BOAD was still in full working order, if she'd not been grounded she still would have been safely flying now at mach 2 and unlike other planes (747 etc) there was no upgraded or newer version so in that sense Concorde was timeless and unique....... she was never an "old" or dated plane........

People can say she was " 30 years old ", but in actual flying time she only flew half that (as she got to any place in half the time of a subsonic = less time spent in the air), so was still a young plane and had years of life left in her.

Welcome, Jetinder, and all of ours friends from across that pond that I know have been reading this thread here. We will try to do what we can here to make sure that this aircraft is better taken care of.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I just took a drive down there to take a look at it for myself, and I was honestly disgusted.

It's one thing for the aircraft to have sustained the damage that it has, but it's clear the Aviator Sports could not care less about this plane.

The area around the aircraft is fenced off, and there is a small pool behind the left wing. There are children running around the ground around the plane, BOUNCING BALLS OFF OF THE PLANE. Those rubber dodge balls, hard-rubber footballs, right off of the engines, the wings and the fuselage.

I've gathered a bit of info about the aircraft, and I will prepare a letter to send to several parties involved with this aircraft from us as an organization. I'll keep you all posted.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It's al
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

This is appalling!! Such a beautiful plane rotting away. I am ashamed and disgusted. :oops: Lets hope they refurbish it soon.

It's always been clear Aviator Sports Complex doesn't give a rats ass about the plane. There is no security around the bird, the guardrails do not keep enough of a zone of safety around her, she is in very close proximity to a driveway, I could go on and on with logistical and tactical issues. Couple that with some savages, and you have a recipe for disaster. I'll be driving by her soon and I'm sure I'll be looking to fornicate with someone's eyesockets afterwards. Phil, iffin there's anything further we can do, let us know and count me in.
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!

Two more photos:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Welcome, Jetinder, and all of ours friends from across that pond that I know have been reading this thread here. We will try to do what we can here to make sure that this aircraft is better taken care of.
    Phil D

Thank you for the warm welcome :) :), i appreciate it.

I'll do my best to be a good forum member :)

After reading your recent comments about G-BOAD i feel greatly saddend and utterly disgusted at the way she's been treated and about British Airways USA not doing a thing about her living conditions.

Her sister Concorde G-BOAB at Heathrow is parked out side the old Concorde hangers see the following photos i took of her on 29 Oct 2007
    :-

Anyway I heard BA are still working out what to do with G-BOAB but she has 24 hr CCTV watching her, regular security and armed Police patrols and she is also behind huge tall fence with barbe wire etc so she is very very safe and well looked after by BA staff at Heathrow and there is no way Heathrow Airport would ever allow G-BOAB to be treated as badly as my Concorde.

A few months ago we had a load of tree huggers at Heathrow protesting to stop the 3rd runway being built........ BA and Heathrow staff moved G-BOAB to a safer place so no one could attack her or throw paint on her....... so she is well looked after.

Its a pity G-BOAD in New York hasnt had the same TLC.

I am utterly horrified at how kids are allowed to play under her and wack hard rubber balls at her, she's being treated as badly as the russians treat some of their TU144s......

I thought the Aviator Sports Complex was safer than Intrepid but after what you said I was wrong.

If BA USA ever inspect her she may need body filler to fill the dents or panel beater to get the dents out of the metal before a full respray etc.

If Aviator Sports Complex and Intrepid had better security and had put her in a safer place, the money needed now to restore her to the condition she was in on 10 Nov 2003 would not be needed and could have been spent on other things........ but its clear those guys didnt care.......

I'm appreciate you guys keeping an eye on her and letting us brits know whats happening.

Just wish i could go back to New York and help you guys save her ......... but alas i cant.........