Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

Re: What is happening to G-BOAD (disturbing photos)- UPDATED

This Concorde or any Concorde's should never been sent to the US in the first place!
    G-BOAD should have been sent to RAF Cosford instead!
    If it had been it would not be in the same state it is now.
    Think it is time to bring this aircraft back to the UK where it will be looked after!
    What's the betting this aircraft ends up at NASA!!!!!!!! :evil:

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Have you read ANY of the above posts?
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by albury
    This Concorde or any Concorde's should never been sent to the US in the first place!
    G-BOAD should have been sent to RAF Cosford instead!
    If it had been it would not be in the same state it is now.
    Think it is time to bring this aircraft back to the UK where it will be looked after!
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Come on guys.... LETS REALLY FACE IT. It should go to France so it could get a new paint Job. :borat: They know respect!

(MY ABOVE STATEMENT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, JUST THE SAME SIMPLE MINDED VIEW AS THE ABOVE STATEMENT) I am tired of being put in the same gene pool as a $5.00.hr camp counselor and a disrespectful Sports complex that lied and got out of a contract through a legal loophole. I understand that people want to vent, the simple minded poster only probably seems that way because he did not read the thread but wanted to vent. He probably will never post here again. Just wanted to stir up our ant farm.

Do not let this waver us, he and us have the same goal, preservation of a historic aircraft. His intentions are good, but it seems he needs to read more and try to understand the situation.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

We have a similar gene pool over here in the UK the sooner they get into the Darwin Awards the better.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

To be honest Cosford was a non starter as BA was pulling the funds for the BA museum up there and eventualy that BA museum got the chop.

Also landing at Cosford in a Concorde would have made a rite mess out of the Aircraft and the nere by Rail line and Station as the Runway at RAF Cosford is to Short for a Concorde.

Which is why no operational Concorde ever landed at Cosford they did fly pasts at Airshows but never touched down.

The only Concordes that could have gone to that museum are G-BOAA now at East fortune and G-BBDG now at Brooklands.

G-BOAB is still at LHR and is most likly to remain there for a long time!

:D

To my friends in America please do not take offence, I'm glad G-BOADs in New York, just not happy with her present condition but i need to answer the following so please forgive me.

Welcome Albury :)

Quote Originally Posted by albury
    In Oct - Nov 2003 you and countless others + the UK press should have told BA at the time, you lot should have put huge huge public pressure on BA but none of you lot ever did that............

After my Concorde flight on G-BOAD I tried my very very best to tell the press and public to save Concorde but NO ONE took any notice of me.......... they ignored me like I was dirt......(the press had more respect and took more notice of a useless Big Brother winner.........)

When G-BOAD and her sisters flew off people believed the "official" line by BA and Airbus, the public stood there like sheep and let it happen. But now you lot are moaning about bringing her home and why was she sent to the USA etc etc ......... Well its to late mate........you lot should have moaned a lot stronger about it in Oct 2003.

In the last 10 years merchant bank JP Morgan bought shares in Chase Manhatten Bank and took control, same principle could have been applied to BA.

BA is a public limited company, enough people could have come together bought a 51% stake and stopped Concorde from being grounded or sent abroad. But NO ONE, not even the high powered city high flyers in London and Wallstreet with their £1 million xmas bonuses ever did that........ If they had Concorde could have been saved and still flying now..... but hey instead the tax payer wasted countless millions £ keeping the empty millenium dome "empty" for years.

G-BOAD is in the USA and thats where she'll stay, if Intrepid wont look after her she'll moved else where, but she is never coming back home to the UK.

G-BOAD should have been sent to RAF Cosford instead! If it had been it would not be in the same state it is now.
    Agreed but BA management and Intrepid should have kept closer eye on G-BOAD and not let her rot....... they didnt and G-BOAD got badly hurt.

From what I recently heard at BA's recent AGM the current chairman and CEO have no interest in Concorde....... so work out your own conclusions from this.........

Dream on........... due to expense this will never happen, she's been in bad condition for years so it would cost countless millions of £s / $s to get her back to airworthy condition and no one not even Bill Gates would do that. I'm also part of Save Concorde Group and on there none of us have thought about G-BOAD for Return To Flight as it would way cost to much.

By ship she could brought home like G-BOAA but again it would cost a huge amount to move her 3500 miles.

Not sure if G-BOAD could fit on to a "small" Royal Navy carrier, you could ask the US Navy to borrow a Nimitz class carrier to ferry G-BOAD home. But in all cases when you got to the UK where could you move G-BOAD from the docks and fully intact ?

BA or the UK government will never spend so much on bringing Concorde home.

My friends here in America (on this forum) are doing their very best to tell the world about G-BOAD, they are doing their very best to save her and to keep an eye on her ...........

So why can't we in the UK give thanks to these guys and help them where we can.....

Let it...... with their endless money and "rocket scientists" if NASA can get the TU144 back in flight getting G-BOAD would be just as easy and i'd love to see G-BOAD fly.

Jet

Leave it alone.

Alpha Delta is getting better now that enough of a Search Light has been put on her by every one on this site and the Press who eventualy woke up and got involved.

Going off on one of your holy crusades will only cause more problems for AD than fix them. :!:

Phil

What is happening to G-BOAD...........

Since I wrote my last post things in the UK press have dried up, there was a mention on breakfast TV about her but that was it ...... have you guys been to see her ?

What state is she in now ?

We have started our weekly inspections of the Concorde, and have conducted two so far.

Both show the Concorde to be better protected in terms of perimeter fence (no gaps, rails under the nose, etc.) no children playing near it anymore, and different security, this time from the Intrepid as opposed to Aviator guards.

No new damage, and we've yet to see the nosecone repaired as of yet, though the remainder of the radome was removed.

I'll let you know how it all looks once we conduct this week's check.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hi Phil

Brilliant news :) :) you have made my day :) :)

A huge pat on the back and a thank you from me to every one from here who's helping out in New York and a thank you to Intrepid from me.

Have you got any photos of how she looks now.

There are a couple of photos, but they were taken by others. I'll see if those who took them (people on the Concorde team that we assembled) will post them for you. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Doesn't the trucking company that crashed into Concorde's nose have any liability? Aren't they insured? Why should the Intrepid Museum have to foot the whole bill? They are short on funds because the original towing operation from the Hudson pier was unsuccessful and had to be re-done. What happened to the Concorde part that was broken-off? Was it retrieved or was it stolen? Nobody seems to know. Shouldn't Aviator Sports chip-in, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    There are a couple of photos, but they were taken by others. I'll see if those who took them (people on the Concorde team that we assembled) will post them for you. :)
    Phil

I look forward to seeing them :)

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Jetinder, as requested...photos as of one week ago.

R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Hi wunaladreamin

Thank you I really appreciate you doing this for me :)

She looks a bit better than before (as the rough bits of the nose have been taken off), but there are scratches on the edge of red rear flaps.

I ain't moaning about it, just very glad she's been looked after a bit better now.

I wish will all my heart I could be part of your team (who goes to see her once a week) but living in the UK and 3500 miles from New York I can't do it, by saying this I'm not asking for any sympathy or pitty......but hope you understand I do want to help where I can.

I really appreciate you guys keeping an eye on her and letting us outside the USA see her through your eyes and words :)

Many many thanks to you and keep up the brilliant work :) :)