Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iran Digging 320,000 Graves to Bury Dead Enemies

Re: Iran Digging 320,000 Graves to Bury Dead Enemies

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    1. Phil....the administration lied or stretched the truth if you will when it came to invading Iraq... Not one report prior to the war said they had WMDs. There was ZERO evidence that Iraq had connections to terror groups. It was all part of Bush's grand plan to spread Democracy through the Mid East.

2. So you think by attacking Iran and clearing the straight for shipping oil prices will come down and not skyrocket? Any action against Iran even with secure shipping lanes will launch oil through the roof which is something we can't afford.

How many other nations around the world are calling for military action against Iran? Do you know? ONLY ISREAL..... Not one other nation wants military action, does that make them weak? Its a dam good thing there were cooler heads back during the cold war in Washington or NONE of us would be here right to even debate about Iran.

Our military is stretched WAY to thin right now to handle another battle front. Who’s to say Iran won’t roll tanks into Iraq opening a front along the boarder? There’s a very good reason high level military officials leaked some of Washington’s plans because they know a confrontation with Iran won’t be the cake walk like we had against the Iraqi army. The situation is vastly different then it was when we invaded Iraq.

In order to make Iran back down we need a strong alliance of nations that number one will work via diplomatic channels to bring a peaceful solution to this situation but also show Iran that the nations of the world will use military force if required. The U.S CANNOT do it alone this time, it’s that simple. We risk economic and social destruction if we do. You can blame the retard sitting in office for that….

In the past we’ve dealt with nations that had extreme leadership and extreme philosophies that many said we could never talk to….i.e. China…Look what Nixon did when he went there! He used diplomacy with the backing of the U.S military to open China to west. Iran poses no direct threat to the U.S or its interests.
    I don't care about the threat of terror from Iraq. To me, that was never a reason.

There IS, however, reason to believe that they had WMDs. There were evidence of developments over the years, and their defying of UN inspections all led the WORLD to believe that. It wasn't just Bush that believed that. People act like a LOT of Democrats weren't for it, when they voted for it.

UNFORTUNATELY, they were either wrong, or Saddam snuck whatever he had into Syria or Iran.

I'm not saying the war was right, but the threat of WMDs was real.

We should have waited, and monitored Iran, and saved our "war card" for them.

Also, we can EASILY take out Iran. They would run a much more conventional war, which is our bread and butter. Roll into Iraq with tanks? PLEASE do! It would be another Desert Storm.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Also, we can EASILY take out Iran. They would run a much more conventional war, which is our bread and butter. Roll into Iraq with tanks? PLEASE do! It would be another Desert Storm.
    Iran's army is far more capable then Iraq's army which at the time of Desert Storm was just coming off of a very long and drawn out war with Iran. They had nothing left in them to put up a fight. Yes we would win but there would be a heavy toll to pay in American life. Diplomatic means is the only solution this country can afford right now both socially and economically. President Bush has put us in a really bad situation, the man can't leave office soon enough.

Great points raised on both sides in the previous pages of this thread.

Some of my thoughts:

1) We can not afford going to war with Iran. Our military is stretched way too thin, is tired of the war with Iraq and will have little support for military action against Iran. You cannot expect soldiers, many of whom have served up to four, 15-month tours in Iraq, to engage in a new war with what will be seen by many as poor justification for it. If you cannot get troops to believe - even the slightest - in what they are fighting for, you will not achieve success in a military operation.

2) IF we were to go to war with Iran, expect massive air strikes. Our Air Force is far superior to whatever Iran can throw up in the air, and we should be able to gain air superiority/air dominance fairly easy. But, as we saw with Iraq, we cannot win wars solely with air power. Iran is a HUGE country, with an extremely populated capital. Even with air dominance, and the latest technology from the sky, ground forces remain a vital part of any military campaign. Unless our goal is just to level Iran - killing millions of innocent civilians - we will have troops on the ground there; ref. bullet #1 on why this will not work

3) Don't forget about Afghanistan and Iraq. A war with Iran will pull forces out of these two extremely unstable, volatile countries, thereby undoing most of what we have accomplished there in the past 6 years.

4) The American public will not stand behind a war with Iran. While many were for Afghanistan, the country was split on Iraq, no one will support a campaign against Iran - short of an extreme event - regardless of how high oil prices rise. Everyone suffers with high gas prices. We are a smart, technologically advanced country. We are already finding ways to reduce our dependence on oil and will surely work around this.

5) I'm not so sure there are plans in the works to declare war against Iran. Obviously there are plans for a war with Iran - meaning if we do have to go to war with Iran for some reason or another, we do have plans for it. We would be foolish to not have plans for this - just like we would be foolish not to have plans to go to war with China, North Korea etc... etc... Just because we have plans doesn't mean we are planning to engage in anything. I think the people who are "leaking" this information, are doing so because they want to make absolutely certain that nothing happens.

I have many other thoughts/comments on the issue, but those are the big hitters for now.....

Oh btw...no it wasn't. UN inspectors said conclusively they had ZERO evidence Iraq had any WMDs before we went in. Invading Iraq sadly will down in history as the worst military decision we've ever made. To be blunt at this point the Bush Administration should be investigated on their reasons and evidence for war. Bush clearly broke a long held U.S Doctrine of not invading other nations and the more and more I read about why we did and the lack of real evidence we truly had...it does boarder line on criminal.

Oh btw...no it wasn't. UN inspectors said conclusively they had ZERO evidence Iraq had any WMDs before we went in. Invading Iraq sadly will down in history as the worst military decision we've ever made. To be blunt at this point the Bush Administration should be investigated on their reasons and evidence for war. Bush clearly broke a long held U.S Doctrine of not invading other nations and the more and more I read about why we did and the lack of real evidence we truly had...it does boarder line on criminal.
    Hate to break it to you, but the UN isn't made up of a bunch of people gifted with x ray vision. How many people were allowed in at a time? Few. Remember, sadaam kept pushing the peace keepers out of the country? He had plenty of wiggle time to either hide these WMD's, or ship them out.

So, no matter what you or I think, we might never know if he had these WMD's or not, thats why we entrust our government to find out. No matter how much blame you put on Bush's regime, I think you can agree that he did not go in there blindly just to kill some Iraqis.

So, no matter what you or I think, we might never know if he had these WMD's or not, thats why we entrust our government to find out. No matter how much blame you put on Bush's regime, I think you can agree that he did not go in there blindly just to kill some Iraqis.
    No Bush went in there under the auspicious that Iraq had WMDs even though the U.N said there was no evidence and there was no evidence any WMDs were smuggled out of Iraq, which is evident he ignored. Bush went in to create a strategic geographic position to put pressure on both Iran and Syria...it back fired and now there is nothing we can do about Iran's influence on the Mid East. It was piss poor planning and management from the start.

No Bush went in there under the auspicious that Iraq had WMDs even though the U.N said there was no evidence and there was no evidence any WMDs were smuggled out of Iraq, which is evident he ignored. Bush went in to create a strategic geographic position to put pressure on both Iran and Syria...it back fired and now there is nothing we can do about Iran's influence on the Mid East. It was piss poor planning and management from the start.
    Thats exactly the case; its actually the only thing that makes any sense, but presented that way, its not something the American people would buy to attack another country...so, instead, we get everything else...

1 > WMD
    2 > Get Sadam .... he's a tyrant to his people...
    3 > Spread Democracy...
    4 > Fight the terrorists and kill them over there...
    5 > Protect the Sunni North...

Anyway, the "Democratically elected" government they have now, seems to want a timetable for the troops to LEAVE... but Bush is apparently resisting this notion of the liberated "Sovereign" Nation of Iraq. Thats the funny thing about Democracies in 2008 isn't it? The American "People" and the Iraqi "People" (overall for both) would like the troops to leave...but...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Anyway, the "Democratically elected" government they have now, seems to want a timetable for the troops to LEAVE... but Bush is apparently resisting this notion of the liberated "Sovereign" Nation of Iraq. Thats the funny thing about Democracies in 2008 isn't it? The American "People" and the Iraqi "People" (overall for both) would like the troops to leave...but...
    The funny thing is Bush has said repeatedly that he would pull troops out if the Iraqis asked...now they are asking and we aren't budging.