Thread: Thanksgiving Travel Woes

Thanksgiving Travel Woes

Well, I saw yesterday that AirTran got rid of the nonstop LGA-MCO flight by thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I was booked on it. So they had me going from LGA-ATL-MCO. First, I live closest to DAB, so I can go through ATL and fly to DAB, flaw 1. On the way home, I go MCO-PHF-LGA. All connections. Not worth it due to the busy travel season.

So AirTran gave me a full refund, that was nice of them. Now I have no tickets. I will hope to find something, but if I don't, I can't fly home for Thanksgiving and will have to probably take the train to Patterson for the holiday.

If anyone could keep an eye out for a great catch from either LGA or JFK to MCO (or JFK-JAX on B6) that would help me. I am trying for less than $350, as my FL ticket was only $288. I will go to ISP too if there is something good on WN. I have connections on the Island, and I am sure they will drive me to MacArthur. Thanks for your help.

Also, If there is something good from JFK or LGA to DAB I'll take it.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Re: Thanksgiving Travel Woes

Ok so let me get this straight.... They rebooked you with a stop in ATL and your final destination still remained MCO but you cancelled it because you don't want to connect? I think I would have kept it as is, chances of you getting a decent fare now aren't going to be to high.

They rebooked me and I also had to be at the airport at 4:30 AM rather than 6:00 AM. The times were all confused.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

stick to yapta and best of luck
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    They rebooked me and I also had to be at the airport at 4:30 AM rather than 6:00 AM. The times were all confused.
    Hear that....its the world's smallest violin! Go to bed early and be there at 4:30! I've had to leave my house on more then one occasion at 2:30 AM to be at LGA for a 6 AM flight. If it was me I would have stuck to AirTran, at least you know you had a seat at the price you paid. Now you risk paying more.

One thing to consider is there will probably be less seats between NYC and MCO this Thanksgiving than any other Thanksgiving in recent memory, both nonstop and connecting.

If fuel prices continue to climb the so-far announced service cuts by many carriers will likely increase for the 4th quarter of 2008. While almost all flights are full on the Tue/Wed before and Sunday after Thanksgiving many passengers where paying fares in past years that would not allow an airline to even break even in 2008 with a 100 pct full airplane.

Good Luck JetBlueAirwaysFan, maybe you should have accepted FL's reroute offer, and with a little persuation you could have probably gotten re-accomodated on a flight with a later departure time.

LGA777

Would it be wise to book on AA from JFK-MCO for Thanksgiving or should I book on B6 instead with the same route?
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

If anyone could keep an eye out for a great catch from either LGA or JFK to MCO (or JFK-JAX on B6) that would help me. I am trying for less than $350, as my FL ticket was only $288. I will go to ISP too if there is something good on WN.
    Set up fare alerts on Orbitz and Fare Compare.

Would it be wise to book on AA from JFK-MCO for Thanksgiving or should I book on B6 instead with the same route?
    "Wise"? What's your concern?
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Well, I know AA is cutting capacity. It doesn't matter now, since the fare is gone. Oh, and AA is cutting LGA-MCO by thanksgiving. They are keeping JFK-MCO though.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

11/26-12/01

JetBlue Airways

Flight 395
    Departs: New York-LGA at 2:55 PM
    Arrives: Orlando, FL at 5:48 PM

Flight 396
    Departs: Orlando, FL at 7:00 PM
    Arrives: New York-LGA at 9:41 PM

CONFIRMED/PAID IN FULL

$389
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

So you paid 101 bucks more because you didn't want to get up early? Thank god you're not majoring in Economics... :?

No, I paid that much more because I want to fly nonstop, and my parents want me to fly nonstop. Missing a connection is not something I want to risk on Thanksgiving.
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012