Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATL Spotting Review

Re: ATL Spotting Review

Quote Originally Posted by tipek
    Check for weekend specials - they run Spotters Special once in a while. It includes high floor facing the airport, airport diagram, and special notepad to note regs. :)
    Now that's the way to take a spotting trip!

In the second to last picture, there's a 767 in front of the Eos 757. The tail has a wavy Z logo. What's that bird?

And does the ATL Renaissance really offer the "spotter special" including an airport diagram?
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Wow Rafal, I was there too. I was in room 1018 with some spotters from Nashville that had invited me over. Here are some of my shots. I missed the Air Tranica by about two minutes. I have been hunting her for a month now. The bird with the weird Z logo is Ryan Air N123DN, formelly with Delta.

We've got AirTranica 3 times that day :)

Yes, that hotel really offers spotters package. You have to search for it on their website.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Tipek, you really take great shots, I love the Delta 777-200ER, World & Omni DC-10s together and the Pink Delta shots!! The AirTranica is one plane ive been trying to catch for a while now.. Ive seen her come to LGA a few weeks ago but I didnt have my camera with me..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Rafal:

I have also been to the Renaissance Hotel at ATL, and it is awesome! 912 is a good room if they are landing and taking off on the 26s. Room 912 works good if they are landing and taking off on the 8s.

I have a technical question, please. The last time I was at ATL was in October of last year. From the hotel, the photos were a bit backlit.

I'm guessing that around June 21st, when the sun is at the furtherest north in the sky, is the best time to get the sun a bit behind you for better photos from the Renaissance.

Is that analysis correct?

Thanks,
    Steve Kurtz

You are very correct as far as the sun. The summer time is best for the Renny spotting.

I think the best sun is at the end of May and beginning of June. Of course, everyday around noon you will have backlit shots. Thats the time to use bathroom :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO