Thread: "Upset" UA Captain Cancels Flight After Co-worker Argument

"Upset" UA Captain Cancels Flight After Co-worker Argument

"I'm roughly paraphrasing here, but the pilot came on the PA and said, 'some of you may have witnessed an incident I was involved in at the gate. I'm not going to go into the details, but it was an interpersonal confrontation that upset me significantly to the point where I'm not focused enough to fly you to Denver. I feel like I may not be calmed and focused enough to fly to Denver for another hour,' " Jacobson said.

The passengers reacted to the pilot's announcement with a collective groan. "I'm going to give him credit for standing in front of people and saying that," Jacobson added. "Still it was a very unusual situation."
    Apparently UA's pilots union has been encouraging their folks not to wear their hats as a sign of protest against...well, no one knows exactly what. According to one account, this guy was wearing his hat, and someone called him out on it, leading to a confrontation.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/ ... ilot_N.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: "Upset" UA Captain Cancels Flight After Co-worker Argument

I would stand behind that pilot 100% , he did consider his state and made a decision on that.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: "Upset" UA Captain Cancels Flight After Co-worker Argument

don't really understand what the hat issue is all about, but too stand behind the pilot for deciding he can't fly before something bad happenned.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.