Thread: JetBlue considering premium class of seating

JetBlue considering premium class of seating

I know that current economics might be provoking this, but this is sort of the anti jetblue philosophy. I flew in one of those extra legroom aircraft a few months back, and there was already too much legroom. I cant imagine them putting more...

JetBlue has never had two-class seating, but in April the airline introduced a program in which it charges more for seats with added legroom on its Airbus and Embraer jets.

"We're looking at even more legroom as a way to transition into something that's a little more of a premium product," Barger told the conference, according to Bloomberg news.

"Everything is on the table," he said in response to a question about whether JetBlue will add first-class seats.
    http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzbl ... 4451.story

JetBlue Raises Fare Caps, Considers Dual Class Configs

Also, transcons and Caribbean flights now peak at $599 rather than $279 and $299, respectively.

Southwest's CEO spoke at the same conference and warned of more fare hikes.

Story: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... 5Jxh.Nqzq0
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: JetBlue considering premium class of seating

for $5...?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The Southwest warning is interesting. I recently heard on a news program that SW has been keeping their fares low because they purchased oil futures at $50 until 2014. Or something like that. Regardless, the news program said Southwest is probably the most profitable US airline because it locked oil at $50 while everyone else is paying the current prices. Since they only serve soda and peanuts what other costs do they have that is petroleum related for their warning of price hikes? Let me also add, I'm an armchair economist and wannabe airline tycoon.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

And after re-reading the article posted by Gotham it just shows one should read the whole story instead of doing the 1970's speed reading thing and repeating facts needlessly stated. Anyway, I just heard George Carlin died. Number two on the greatest 100 list.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.