Thread: Qantas Launching A380 MEL-LAX Service Oct 20

Qantas Launching A380 MEL-LAX Service Oct 20

Qantas will begin service on their first Airbus A380 on October 20 on the Melbourne-Los Angeles route. Also, entering a fare battle with the new Virgin carrier V Australia, 380 seats for A380 flights 11/1-12/8 were available starting yesterday for US$380, but are now sold out. V Australia begins SYD-LAX service December 16th.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Qantas Launching A380 MEL-LAX Service Oct 20

Very cool stuff. I'm glad LAX is gonna get the A380 soon. Will make for some great shooting.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Qantas Launching A380 MEL-LAX Service Oct 20

Note the QF A380 will initially only fly in on Mondays and Fridays before increasing to Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday services.

Full implementation schedule, including SIN and LHR:
    http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/A380/schedule

I'm not sure how much of a "battle" the fare was with V Australia considering the offered flights at the sale price were before V Australia starts, and a similar sale was offered in Singapore and London.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal