Thread: Off to Europe!

Off to Europe!

Tomorrow I embark on my 5 week summer trip to Europe.

I'll be visiting Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London, and Manchester. I'll be seeing friends in Spain and Paris and then in London I'll be attending a trade day at the Farnburough Airshow, thanks to Mr. Derner, and some sightseeing and spotting at LHR.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I can. I'm very excited about attending Farnburough on a trade day and hopefully that should be a lot of fun.

Travel:

June 17
    Air Canada E-175 LGA-YYZ
    Air Canada 767-300 YYZ-MAD

July 2
    Vueling A320 MAD-BCN

July 6
    Vueling A320 BCN-CDG

July 9
    Eurostar PAR-LON

July 15
    Virgin Train LON-MAN

July 16
    BMI A319 MAN-LHR

July 22
    Air Canada 777-300ER LHR-YYZ
    Air Canada A320 YYZ-LGA

I hope everyone will have a fun and safe summer and I look forward to seeing everyone again for some spotting in August!
    :)

Re: Off to Europe!

Gordon, enjoy the AC 77W (and the rest of your trip!). It's a wonderful bird.

By the way, if you're at LHR and feel like stopping by T5, I'd be interested to hear about it. I've heard it's humanizing now. :shock:
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Thanks, Will I'm really looking forward to the 77W!

My short hop between LGA and YYZ went very smoothly as did the connection in Toronto and the departure out of Toronto for MAD. I had the first row in Y and the legroom was excellent and our aircraft had recently been through XM so we had mood lightning!

Two hours into the flight (177 miles east of NY) the captain told us that we had pressurization issues in the cabin and had to turn back to YYZ and would be arriving at 1:10am. So finally at 3am we arrived at a hotel and by 6:30am we were back at the airport for our new 8am departure time with reassigned seats which in my opinion was a very stupid move by AC, it was the same aircraft configuration! My mothers luggage did not make it to MAD and we arrived 10 hours delayed. Keep in mind this was the 3rd flight of Air Canada's to Madrid, not a very good impression if you ask me.

Anyhoo turns out spotters were out shooting and here is my aircraft arriiving!

http://www.aviationcorner.net/show_photo.asp?id=73023

Why no stop in germany ( Frankfurt, Duesseldorf ) ??