Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Planes having SEX over my Apartment (pictures included!!!)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: 2 Planes having SEX over my Apartment (pictures included!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    Since when are they allowed to refuel out that way? I didn't think there was a refueling track near Long Island...
    as long as ATC clears the airspace above and below then to the required limits then it's legit. MARSA goes as far as the airplanes doing the refueling because of thier close proximity to each other, and ATC keeps other out of thier way.

even fuel dumping is legal over land, just has to be done at proper altitudes and with proper spacing to ensure it disspates before reaching the ground and doesn't affect other a/c.

and fred, those are great shots! nice catch... but i think we'll hear about another baby dassault being born in 9 months. it would have to be some kind of mutation to have a three-holer pop out a twin.
    :D
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

[quote="Derf"]I was out side and I saw this KC-10 with his thingy extended...

This may be a stupid question being you are a "spotter" and all but what made you look up?
    I remember a few days after 9-11 and I was on my back deck and it was a beautiful day like today and way up I noticed
    two aircraft pretty close. Grabbed my binocs and saw it was a fighter jet doing a mid-air refuel. Very cool.
    Great catch Fred.

pretty cool
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    I was out side and I saw this KC-10 with his thingy extended...

This may be a stupid question being you are a "spotter" and all but what made you look up?
    I remember a few days after 9-11 and I was on my back deck and it was a beautiful day like today and way up I noticed
    two aircraft pretty close. Grabbed my binocs and saw it was a fighter jet doing a mid-air refuel. Very cool.
    Great catch Fred.
    I always look but this time I was out waiting to see if anything was going to intersect the moon. I was talking away with my neighbor and kept looking west and as I turned around east to look at him, I saw it in the distance and did a double take then dropped my jaw on the ground. I have really good eyes and as a kid my dad would call me eagle eyes. I always call out the planes when people are going HUH. This guy I was with could not see two aircraft and called BS when I picked up my camera again and took another rapid set of 3 or so. I zoomed in and he had his jaw dropp and could not believe I saw it.

I also remember when I was in Happauge like 15 years ago... I had been told that they were flying an SR-71 again a month earlier and saw it pass at a very high altitude while outside on break with a bunch of people. This was barely visible yet I saw the distinctive shape.... He was sub sonic but wild as hell to see. I was just about doing back-flips at work and everyone was like HUH?

I also saw 4 what appeared to be F-18's a month ago and they were really Dots!!! I had a really hard time but think I got it right....

couple 16's while pumpkin picking last year...They were Up there (I think I took pics)

I saw a B-52 ALL THEY WAY UP TOP... DOT (Made me realize that I can not see fighters at the ceiling!)

I love dot spotting, but when I see something neat...people look at me weird.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Great catch Fred. :D

Not the first time I've seen in flight refueling over LI, but the first time I've seen someone catch it. Sure it happens more often than we think. A few years back I caught A KC-10 passing gas to a C-5 with a 1500mm telescope way north of Melville, probably over LI sound or CT. The racetrack chart is quite interesting Moose!
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

>I have really good eyes and as a kid my dad would call me eagle eyes. I always call out the planes when people are going HUH.<

LOL, my mother always said I could hear between walls. That came in handy copter spotting. I kinda have the "Radar O'Reilly" ability to hear
    helicopters way before anyone else. Or maybe they actually hear them but couldnt give a squat!!! :D
    Great shots and thanks for the info. I always keep my binocs handy when I'm hanging out in my backyard because you never know what you
    might see.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Great catch Fred and I learned a lot from this thread.

Back when Air Force One was around I caught a tanker way up high and some fighters but no mile high shenanigans.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Great catch! Out at Gabreski we get a lot of nice vapor trails over the base. I would look silly walking around on the ramp with my binoc's, but I've been tempted! The other day we had two F-15's fly over, they weren't quite dots but it was a catch nonetheless.

KC-10's Gone Wild. Get a hangar you two!
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.