Thread: NEW IPHONES OMG

NEW IPHONES OMG

$teve Jobs just announced the new iPhone, coming out next month.

3G network, data transfer almost 3x faster than current iPhone
    36% faster than other 3G phones such as Treo 750
    Built-in GPS

Main upgrade: new lower pricing
    8 gig: $199 (was $399)
    16 gig: $299 (was $499)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: NEW IPHONES OMG

I'll be getting one, I have had my old (Ha) iPhone for a while and love it. Are they going to let us trade in?
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

zomg.

I hope the early adopters enjoyed subsidizing Apple's R&D...

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Are they going to let us trade in?
    Highly doubtful, but you will be able to impress your friends by telling them you own a $400 paperweight.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Are they going to let us trade in?
    Highly doubtful, but you will be able to impress your friends by telling them you own a $400 paperweight.
    Naa, just see it on Ebay to some foreign county.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Those things are crazy, it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn it on

I won't be getting one--too gimicky. I have a new Blackberry 8830 World Phone.

I left AT&T for Verizon last month after getting tired of waiting for AT&T to roll out 3G on Long Island...be aware that except for pockets in Nassau and the Rt 110 corridor, MOST of Long Island is still 2.5G...which means S L O W regardless of phone.

Verizon also has better phone quality, better audio and no dropped calls so far.....plus their customer service is MUCH better.

For those who think the new Iphone will be a bargain, however, be aware that the minimum service plan will be $10 higher than before, meaning you save $200 on the phone but pay $240 more over the term of the contract.

Just my 2 cents
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP
    For those who think the new Iphone will be a bargain, however, be aware that the minimum service plan will be $10 higher than before, meaning you save $200 on the phone but pay $240 more over the term of the contract.
    Indeed. And even if you live in an area without 3G service, AT&T will force you to sign a 3G contract. That said, I believe the data plans are still slightly cheaper than Verizon.

Naa, just see it on Ebay to some foreign county.
    That might be a problem too, since they're adding 16 countries to the iPhone roster when 3G launches (22 total), and will have a total of 70 by year's end.

Yea, after reading more my mind is changing.
    Ronald Reagan