Thread: I Got $10 for Eating a Rose!!

I Got $10 for Eating a Rose!!

There were a couple bouquets of roses that we had to move... So someone dared me to eat a rose... I'm an all-food tryer, and I knew roses are edible, so I agreed. Not a good decision. First of all, I had no clue where those roses came from, and I didn't know if they had any pesticides on them.

I put the whole rose in my mouth at once, and started chewing; it was about the diameter of a baseball. It made my mouth incredibly chalky, and the bitter taste was so strong it was enough to provoke even my natural instincts of spitting it back out. I swallowed about three times in all, needing to take breaks in between. It was insanely hard to get down.

I finally swallowed all of it, and I was handed a $10 dollar bill. I was sent to the nurse because I realized it could've had pesticides. The nurse called the poison control center and got a response from the other end saying I should, "give them to my girlfriend instead of eat them". But he confirmed I had nothing to worry about.

It's about 6 hours after I ate it, and had really no side effects, except a little flushed cheeks immediately after consuming the rose. No stomach upset, no nausea. That being said, it was worth the $10.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Re: I Got $10 for Eating a Rose!!

When I was in the service, one of my crewmates got a hold of some kind of jabanero sauce. It had the consistency of BBQ sauce and you could see the little pepper seeds all over in it. So my guy is parading around the boat with this junk in his hand daring all of us to try some of it. Like an idiot I chime in with "I'll do a shot of it for $50." My crewmates scored a shot glass and the stipulations were set that I do the shot AND lick the glass for the $50. A crowd gathers round the idiot (me) now holding a shot of this **** and the pressure's on. I smell the sauce and I want to back out immediately, but not to look like a puss in front of the boys, I knuckle down and pound the shot. As I go back to lick the glass, flames engulf my mouth. I am literally paralyzed and drop the glass as I crumble to my knees. Now, keep in mind it's 1400 hrs and I had not eaten anything at all that day. Yep, I puked...alot. My boys ran and stole a loaf of bread from the mess hall and I devour it. I puked...alot...again. This time I puked with such force that vomit containing the damned seeds shot out of my nose, frying my sinuses. I couldn't talk for 30 minutes, my lips burned until around 2100 hrs, but I got my $50. When my mother found out, I got yelled at. When my grandmother found out, she said "Hell yeah, $50!"

And that, my friends, is a very true story. And I'd do it again (but for more $$ next time). Some other time, I'll tell you all how I got banned forever from the Hooters of East Meadow.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    When my grandmother found out, she said "Hell yeah, $50!"

And that, my friends, is a very true story. And I'd do it again (but for more $$ next time). Some other time, I'll tell you all how I got banned forever from the Hooters of East Meadow.
    We have to take your grandmother out for drinks one night! :mrgreen:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Whenever I smell a rose I always wonder what it would taste like since they smell so good...now I know not to smell!!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Back in college, we talked my future brother-in-law (now ex-BIL) into eating a dog biscuit for ten cents. I guess $10 is pretty good, when you account for inflation. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin

Haha, great story, but I want to hear this one!!!!
    nwa FOREVER!

Since we're all talking about dares, i'll share mine. The 4th day of school, I was eating breakfast in the cafeteria and a senior has an entire bowl of syrup. He bet me $10 to drink the entire thing. I downed it, collected my money and then it hit. I was dry heaving in the bathroom because it was so thick that it wouldn't come back up. I just felt very sick the rest of the day, nothing else bad.
    "lol retart"