Thread: AGAIN: 2 Killed in Manhattan Crane Collapse

AGAIN: 2 Killed in Manhattan Crane Collapse

Not Again: 2 Killed In UES Crane Collapse
    At Least 3 Others Injured In Second Collapse In 3 Months
    NEW YORK (CBS) ? Two people died in a crane collapse on the Upper East Side of Manhattan Friday morning, according to the FDNY. Several others have been injured at the construction site at 91st Street and 1st Avenue and were taken to area hospitals for treatment.

Hundreds of firefighters and officials from the Office of Emergency Management were on the scene working to search for other victims. Air inflation devices were mobilized to help lift some of the heavy debris. [Full Article]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: AGAIN: 2 Killed in Manhattan Crane Collapse

Just Spoke to a friend onscene.....1 confirmed DOA, 1 Critical, Quite a few unaccounted for.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Looks like it says "NY Crane" on the piece there, same company involved in the last collapse, which killed 7 people.

One of the damaged buildings:

(Seth Holladay/Flickr)

The mayor announced an initiative to hire 60 new buildings inspectors last week, as a reaction to the rash of construction accidents lately, but not soon enough apparently. I really think they need to suspend all crane operations until they can all be inspected.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

And from the helicopter scene :lol: Saw the Command & Control PD412 circling unger newscopters around 11:15 and going home from the LIRR at 5 there were 5 newscopters in a steady hover over the area. From a distance looked pretty cool.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Mayor Gloomturd now blaming a broken weld on the boom of the crane for the tragedy.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    And from the helicopter scene :lol: Saw the Command & Control PD412 circling unger newscopters around 11:15 and going home from the LIRR at 5 there were 5 newscopters in a steady hover over the area. From a distance looked pretty cool.
    Yep, saw that from Astoria. 5 news choppers + an NYPD chopper. As I was looking up I had a gorgeous view of a VA A346 out of Newark with its bright red engines making its way northeast to LHR.