Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Airliners.net look..... trippy

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: New Airliners.net look..... trippy

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    What a Train-Wreck the new front page is, just horrible. I think this may become a bigger black eye for demand media than the photo use fiasco some time back. And what they should do is realize they broke something that wasn't broken and admit they screwed up and just change it back (that's what I would like) but their ego is probably to big and their respect and knowledge of their customer base is to small for them to probably do that. I know Johan made out very well in the site's sale but still I would love to see the look on his face when he first saw the new front/home page. I'll bet Chris Kilroy loves it though, he must be estatic.
    so that would be the second time they've done that... i'd honestly love to see it happen.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Well based on the top viewed photos of the last 24 hours traffic must have crashed at A.net. The top photo only has 2600 views? That's an all time low for A.net.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Well based on the top viewed photos of the last 24 hours traffic must have plumped at A.net. The top photo only has 2600 views? That's an all time low for A.net.
    Tom -

Ive been noticing the same thing....probably because its so damn hard to find the top photos of the past 24 hours, let alone anything else on the front page. :evil: These people could run an airline because they SUCK at it :roll:
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

On a related note...A.net has lost Sam Chui....

http://www.samchuiphotos.com/

Take a read at the left side...big loss for A.net.

And he's all over JP now.
    "lol retart"

Can we boycott a.net for their new design? It might sound stupid, but obviously they plan to restructure the whole thing. They have already taken everyones photo rights away, they are bound to do something else soon. If enough people switch to j.net for a week, demand would have to listen to the userbase.

A.net didn't take anyone's photo rights. You are welcome to boycott them - personally, I don't upload there, but I haven't uploaded to A.net from before the DM deal. I read their forums regularly (much more lively that JP's forums) and occasionally check out the photos, although it's mostly when I am looking for something in particular.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

re: photo views.

those are erroneous due to bug.

re: Sam Chui. Regarding that, just remember there are TWO sides to a story. And yes I know both sides.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Regardless of the reasons...Sam Chui leaving Anet is ONLY Anet's loss, and is a huge hit to them posibly losing his fan base.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    re: photo views.
    those are erroneous due to bug.
    re: Sam Chui. Regarding that, just remember there are TWO sides to a story. And yes I know both sides.
    There are always two sides to a story, but DM's actions over at Anet, whether you like them or not, have alienated a bunch of photogrpahers. With all the BS over the TOU issue, and now the redesign that is not overwhelmingly favored, (just look at the forums), DM is ths only loser here, for a photographer of Sam Chui's caliber to leave them is huge. The real question is, will he keep photos already submitted up there or will he pull them off. If he pulls his photos, is a huge blow to them. It's really sad, Anet used to be a great resource, now things area so screwed up it's not funny.

The bugs can always be explained as bugs, but for the ego's of those who post there, for them not to see their hit numbers grow, is troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    The bugs can always be explained as bugs, but for the ego's of those who post there, for them not to see their hit numbers grow, is troubling.
    You always hear some people claim "it's not about the number of hits..." that is, until there is a problem and there are no hits registered. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    You always hear some people claim "it's not about the number of hits..." that is, until there is a problem and there are no hits registered. :roll:
    ...and I know a few of them. :?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Understand I am not defending Sam, ANet or anyone. Simply stating facts without my opinion.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Understand I am not defending Sam, ANet or anyone. Simply stating facts without my opinion.
    I don't think anyone questioned that fact Mario. We were just saying that for Anet to lose Sam, no matter what the reason, its a big hit for Anet. That's all.