Thread: British Airways Boosts Already High Fuel Surcharges

British Airways Boosts Already High Fuel Surcharges

LONDON -- British Airways Plc on Thursday said it will raise fuel surcharges on all its flights to reflect continuing high oil prices. The surcharge on a short-haul return flight will increase by 6 pounds to 32 pounds. For a long-haul return flight of less than nine hours it will increase by 30 pounds to 156 pounds and for a long-haul return flight of more than nine hours it will increase by 60 pounds to 218 pounds.
    That's about $63 for a short-haul round-trip, $308 on long-haul 9 hours or less, and $430 for over 9 hours.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: British Airways Boosts Already High Fuel Surcharges

Its a lot of money. But given the magnitude of today's oil prices (and it should not be a surprise to anyone that oil has gone up), its the airlines direct way of dealing with the issues, as opposed to nickel and diming charges here and there as AA has been doing, a la RyanAir style.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I am not surprised oil is more expensive now, but I am surprised that it has gone up this much. This is a lot of inflation for such a short time period.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

60% of the oil price is speculation..... Get speculation down you will have reasonable oil.
    nwa FOREVER!