Thread: Inter-League Play this past weekend

Inter-League Play this past weekend

So we all enjoyed the Mets' thrashing of the Yanks this weekend. How come this past weekend didn't feature the usual rivalry interleague play? I mean they had Mets-Yanks, Nationals-Orioles and Rangers-Astros but the other games didn't make much sense. Tampa-Bay-St. Louis? Why didn't St. Louis and KC play, or Cubs-Sox or A's-Giants?

Anyone know?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Re: Inter-League Play this past weekend

I dunno, I think everyone is getting a little bored with it. Yanks-Mets wasn't even Fox's game of the week on Saturday, but maybe that's just because both teams kinda suck for the first time since interleague began.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Inter-League Play this past weekend

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I dunno, I think everyone is getting a little bored with it. Yanks-Mets wasn't even Fox's game of the week on Saturday, but maybe that's just because both teams kinda suck for the first time since interleague began.
    Also, from what I remember hearing in the past, Fox can only use either NY team a limited number of times during the season. Picking a Met/Yankee interleague game, it uses up two of those slots in one game.

Of course, I'm a semi-purist when it comes to baseball, and think the National and American Leagues should only meet in October.