Thread: Lexus Delivers McCartney's Hybrid Car Via Jumbo Jet

Lexus Delivers McCartney's Hybrid Car Via Jumbo Jet

Paul McCartney 'horrified' as his eco car is flown 7,000 miles from Japan
    By Rob Davies
    Last Updated: 12:33PM BST 13/05/2008

Sir Paul McCartney is said to be "horrified" that his new eco-friendly car was flown 7,000 miles from Japan.

The Lexus LS600H, which costs £84,000, was a gift from Lexus to the 65-year-old former Beatle, who helped promote the hybrid vehicle.

But instead of arriving by boat as expected, the car was flown to Britain on a Korean Air flight, creating a carbon footprint almost 100 times bigger than if it had come by sea.

Sir Paul is a vocal advocate of vegetarianism and has long been a poster child for environmental activism. [Full Article]
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Lexus Delivers McCartney's Hybrid Car Via Jumbo Jet

that picture in the article scares me...

What I don't get is that that KAL flight still would have happened, and the boat still would have travelled where it did, so how is that reducing the carbon footprint. All methods of transportation still would have done what they did whether or not his lexus was on that plane.
    "lol retart"