Thread: Photo Sale question

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Photo Sale question

A publication for a well-known non-profit aviation group has asked to use one of my shots in their magazine (circulation ~6000, is my guess). I believe they're offering photographer credit only. A token payment would be nice, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me. Is it standard/required to request payment in this situation, and, if so, what is standard, anyway?

Re: Photo Sale question

What kind of non-profit organization is it and how is the photo going to be used? Cover shot, insert, full double page, full one page....what you ask all depends on the intended use. If its a simple insert into an article you won't get much..20 bucks tops. I only charge now if its a for profit company where I have to put in somekind of effort to get them the picture they want, i.e added editing, cost for printing, shipping, etc. If you simply just have to send them a basic file....I'd be happy with photo credit only. Goodwill can go along way at times.

Thanks for the advice. As best I could tell, it was just to illustrate an article, and the only reason they were using my picture was because they couldn't get one from the source. Because it was a low-circulation, aviation-related non-profit, I didn't bother asking for payment. I'll update on this thread when my first publishing is published.

What shot was it?
    "lol retart"

Amazingly enough, one of my worst shots, http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6198116 , which I uploaded for historical value, but two months later, is still the only picture on JP or A.net of this airplane with the N-reg.