Thread: Possible tour of B6 T5

Possible tour of B6 T5

Some of you may be familiar with flyertalk.com. On the Jetblue forum, someone is trying to set up a tour of B6 T5. No date has been finalized but it will probably happen on a weekday morning. Here is the link for those interested. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816524
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

Re: Possible tour of B6 T5

That would be cool, that hasn't been open for years... wonder what it will look like inside

If they are setting up a tour,it would be the NEW T5 not the old one. The original should open up sometime around Sept /Oct to coinside with our opening.
    "You above all"

I would like to go. Are you sure anyone can enter or you need a press pass? I am retired and have plenty of free time. I read that the original TWA Terminal had been opened a few years ago for an Open Hose, but some of the rowdy guests destroyed artwork at a reception to honor its opening. Since then, it has been closed to the public.

I just spoke with a contact in the know and they said they know nothing about a tour for outsiders but hey you never know. We have been conducting tours for our crewmembers so they can see it before we open to the public. I understand there will also be plenty of dry runs and familiarization tours for the crews.
    Yes the old TWA T5 did open for a art display with the intention of it staying open for a while. On opening night the building was trashed and never re-opened again for the display. The port is now spending money to clean and spruce it up the old T5 so that it will be presentable when we have our grand opening of our "JETPORT'"
    Happy Jetting
    "You above all"