Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATM tip/warning

Re: ATM tip/warning

I use Commerce and I love them! I've been a Citibank and an HSBC customer in the past and I think I like Commerce the most. :borat:

Here's a couple of tips:
    1- If you're near a Duane Reade, their ATMs are run by Chase and only charge 99 cents.

2- If you're near a McDonald's, I believe they now have "surcharge free" ATMs --I think your bank has to be part of the AFCU (Actor's Federal Credit Union http://www.actorsfcu.com/nyc-atm.html). I'm not sure how to find out if it's free for you or not but it should probably say so when you try to withdraw your money. They've never charged me, so Commerce is good for them.

I had a Totally Free Checking account which was free for 1 year and then $15 a month afterwards if my daily balance goes below $100.

I really love their hours & their being open on weekends (including Sundays!). They're always friendly no matter which branch I go into, and their pens have blue ink!! (blue rules, black drools! :lol:) And free lollipops! How can you go wrong with these guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    I get reimbursed up to $15 a month in ATM fees, so the fees generally don't bother me too much...
    You have USAA huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    I get reimbursed up to $15 a month in ATM fees, so the fees generally don't bother me too much...
    You have USAA huh?
    Yup....

One more Commerce plug. Today I went to my most frequently used branch in the Bronx and two things happened. As I approached the front door a sign caught my eye, it said we are OPEN on Memorial day. Fifty bucks says Citibank, Chase, BOA and others have the exact same sign only it say we are CLOSED on Memorial day.

More importantly I went to make a deposit, it was slow, two tellers, each helping a customer and one person in line in front of me, two other employees at their desks in the area where you open new accounts, customer service etc. After about 3 or 4 mins they both realized the person in front of me and I where still waiting. Both got up from their cozy desks, went behind the teller line, and one took the person in front of me and the other me.

It is rare (for me at least) to witness this level of service in today's era. It is also rare for a company to smartly cross-utilize their staff so effectively.

Now I have seen extra tellers open up before but not after leaving a comfy desk job.

Thanks for continuing to exceed my expectations Commerce !

LGA777

That is pretty impressive, Ron. And yes, I've seen the Closed on Monday signs at Citi. Sucks for Commerce's employees though.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That is one thing I noticed at Commerce, too. The people behind the desks are all cross-trained. They swap out working the desks, the counters and as greeters, too.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].