*Please read the Detroit Spotters article here!*

Well, Andrew Nick and I (all Detroit Spotters members) got to go to the press event at gate A60 at the McNamara terminal today. It was quite enjoyable. We arrived at the airport at almost 7 on the nose and went to the Aeromexico ticket counter to get our gate passes, they told us just to go down to the Westin security line (closed down for everyone but press) and that is what we did. When we got there after several phone calls they sent us back up to get the gate passes that we needed in the first place. So finally, with gate passes in hand we made our way back to the Westin and through security. The TSA Agent felt like being a jerk (even though maybe 15 cameras already passed through the checkpoint) and went and searched Andrews bag. This all caused us to be a little bit late to the event, but they hadn't started yet so everything was good.

At the gate, there were refreshments available to press and the passengers on the flight. I was hoping for a new colors aircraft, but instead it was the old. Oh well, i'm not complaining. Eventually the event got under way and Lester Robinson (the CEO of the airport) spoke for a little while, then a few other guests.

After that, at pushback they did a water canon salute which was neat.

I will probably post the audio of the event sometime when I figure out how to get it on my computer. Other than that, I will upload some more pictures tomorrow, I just wanted to get the article out today.

Thanks to Ruberman Aldana from Aeromexico who coordinated with us to get into the event smoothly. It was great meeting you!