View Poll Results: What date would work best for you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday 7/5

3 23.08%
  • Sunday 6/29

3 23.08%
  • Saturday 6/28

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring BBQ on LI - June 28!

Spring BBQ on LI - June 28!

Hi Folks-

So I've spoken to Phil and have gotten the go-ahead to host a BBQ at my house on a given weekend during the spring. Since I start traveling for work around Memorial Day weekend for the summer, my options for dates are a bit limited, but I figured the first step is to get your input as to what date you guys think would work best.

FYI, this gathering is not at all limited to LI people. The Merrick LIRR station is 3 blocks from my house, easily walkable, cab-able ($3.50), and I'll be happy to provide lifts to/from the station. So please vote if you think you might want to attend. Also, I would venture to say that the BBQ is subject to good weather, since my backyard is a nice size, but the first floor of my house won't easily accommodate a lot of people in the event of weather.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Re: Spring BBQ on LI

I'd prefer Sunday...thanks for voluteering to do this!

Either 5/17 or 5/18 is good for me - 5/31 is the weekend of the McGuire air show.

The 31st work for me, the other dates I'll be away on biz. To be candid Andy I'd wait to June. The Weather in May still can be iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Either 5/17 or 5/18 is good for me - 5/31 is the weekend of the McGuire air show.
    Maybe meet at the airshow and then caravan back? Any date is good for me.

17 or 18 works for me, if I had my druthers, 17th is better, so I dont have to be "under the weather" the next day at work.

I have plans to attend a fly-in BBQ on the 17th, so May 31st works better for me. How far is your house from FRG? With traffic and all, it would probably be quicker to fly down, it's only a 6 minute flight from HPN.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

17th and 18th are good for me. 31st is a no go as I am returning from St. Martin.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I don't know what my schedule will be in May, so I'll have to wait a couple weeks until I learn. But this sounds great. Thanks again for doing this!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Jason - You actually could fly into FRG, it's about 20 minutes from my house. If you could hitch a ride with someone (or make an arrangement with me to pick you up prior to everything starting), I don't see a reason why that wouldn't work, other than what the cost of parking your aircraft would be at FRG.

Tommy - I would love to wait until the summertime, but that's my busiest time of year and starting June 1, I'll be out of town Sunday - Friday each week with a bunch of weeks where I may not even come home on the weekends depending on the location. We won't know where we're going each week for a while yet, so I figured best to get the gathering going while I still can. If the weather happens to be poor on the date picked, we'll work something out where we can still get together (suggestions for an alternate location/restaurant welcome).
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

I'd love to attend. Because I can't drive THROUGH the boroughs, I will definately hitch the LIRR down. When you get a time, ill find a train.
    "lol retart"

Sunday definitely works best for me; I'll be out at the McGuire show on the 31st, most likely overnighting at my parents' place. On the 17th, I'll be out flying (should be my second flight lesson) in the afternoon, and with the Saturday afternoon traffic at the tunnels and in the city, I think I'd be lucky to make it there before 8.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Damn...I think I need to see if I can organize a trip up north...let me try and sweet talk the wife into letting me come up for a weekend....when the date is firm..I'll see what I can do...it's time for a trip up there - May will have been a year....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg
    Jason - You actually could fly into FRG, it's about 20 minutes from my house. If you could hitch a ride with someone (or make an arrangement with me to pick you up prior to everything starting), I don't see a reason why that wouldn't work, other than what the cost of parking your aircraft would be at FRG.
    Ok, that would work. I'll have to see if I can hitch a ride from someone in the area. Parking the airplane at FRG is no problem, Sheltair doesn't charge anything and they have a ton of crew cars (not sure if I'm old enough to meet their insurance requirements though). I'll post something as the date gets closer. Obviously if the weather is bad, I'll just drive.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    17th and 18th are good for me. 31st is a no go as I am returning from St. Martin.

Eric

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: And yet the 17th and 18th don't work for us as we'll be in Sint Maarten too. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

31st is possible but we are pulled in 800 directions that weekend anyway.

Whatever works for you Andre. We'll try to attend.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187