Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAX and LAS in FEB

Re: LAX and LAS in FEB

I love the shot of American 777 departing LAX along with the water splashing..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Re: LAX and LAS in FEB

Wow guys, thanks so much for the replies, didn't expect them to be that many :borat:

How long were you in LA?
    Actually five days, however weather was crap on two, I did about 2,5 days of shooting at LAX. I even got more special schemes (Arizona Cardinals, AWest retro 319, Lone Star One and Nevada One!), however they all were in sh*t weather or crap angles hehe.

LAS was one day only and definitely worth it :mrgreen:

The panning shots are amazing.
    Thanks Eric! To answer your PM, the EMB 120 panning was 1/4th, f5.6 at ISO 2500, full 400mm. Lucky I guess :shock:

just to confirm, the DHL & NWA were taken from your hotel room???
    Yup Was surprised (positively I'm sure!) that I was able to open the hotel room windows on the 6th floor. My room was facing East, so I had to lean out a bit to shoot the arrivals, passing the hotel to the North. The NWA 744 is as side-on as you can get there, after that they disappear behind the hotel.

I had to pay attention quite a bit because there was a parking garage on the other side of my room blocking the view of the approach path, so the aircraft were visible for like 10 seconds :roll:

At the museum do they let you stay as long as you want taking pictures?
    Hmm I'm not sure exactly. A friend of mine volunteers there, so we stayed out quite a bit, and others did too!
    The thing is there has to be one of the museum employees out with you, and if none has spare time, you don't get to go I guess, but normally they're really friendly and go out with you.

The museum closes at 3pm afaik, so it's only good for the morning.

Once again, thanks a lot for the kind words :borat: Think I gotta post more often again hehe.
    MD-11 heaven...place to be!