Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skybus is done.

Skybus is done.

Skybus Airlines, a Columbus carrier that excited central Ohio travelers with its $10 fares, is calling it quits.

The news came quickly today, with the airline planning to announce at 9:30 p.m. that it will no longer be in business Saturday.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/bu ... ybust.html

Four airlines in a week...wow!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Re: Skybus is done.

Damn, that was fast! The signs were definitely there with all the resigning of higher roles in the airline.

This week will probably go down in airline history. First Aloha, then Champion, and then ATA. Now SkyBus, whose next?

It's a shame that they are gone, they were doing some good at SWF.

Knew it and never made it to CMH for pics

Thank goodness I got one of them before they shut.....as Gordon says...who next....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Tho the concept of Skybus wasn't a good airline, it is a bit terrifying to see all these airlines closing down and falling literally like dominos. 4 in a week has got to be a record in any aviation airline history.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

This one did not come as a surprise to me, I knew one day soon we would be reading about this. From the beginning they never sounded like any of there ideas were good in practice.

I agree Skybus was never a good idea.

We just got a our weekly newsletyer from our CEO, and he has hinted at a regional filing soon...I am thinking Xjet for reorg only.

How is Spirit doing?

Yes! Skybus is done.. But why couldn't they have lasted another 1.5 months, my prediction would have been spot on!

Too bad I didn't make it out to get some pictures, but Skybus was never going to make it.
    nwa FOREVER!

SkyBust

Think we can all agree that hubbing at CMH and flying to "secondary" cities just wasnt going to cut it. Oh, not to mention $130 barrel fuel with $10 fares. :roll: I feel bad for the employees of the company, but definitely not the management.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Yes! Skybus is done.. But why couldn't they have lasted another 1.5 months, my prediction would have been spot on!

Too bad I didn't make it out to get some pictures, but Skybus was never going to make it.
    While I understand you did not like the airline I think you are taking the whole matter a little too lightly. With the termination of Skybus comes the termination of a lot of dedicated employees and deducts service from smaller airports such as Punta Gorda that benefited from Skybus using their ghostly airports. I for one am sad to see them go because of the effect it will have on SWF. Certainly it helps expansion with the airport because it opens up a gate but employees will be let go and passenger numbers will drop some.

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    SkyBust

I feel bad for the employees of the company, but definitely not the management.
    Don't feel to bad Matt, the only employees they really had where Pilots and Flt Att's, everything else even DISPATCH was contracted out. These are the same Flt Att's who expected tips onboard which to me really degrades their proffession and btw their flt att ranks where a revolving door. As for the pilots who where in the process of trying to become Teamsters, (what's a matter guys, ALPA too classy for you) and where told by the same ex DL Captain who was their VP of Flt Ops who resigned yesterday that the due to the fragile condition of the company unioinizing now could force the company to shut down but they kept trying to become Teamsters aggressivly anyway.

Anyway I felt bad about ATA and Champion and REAL BAD about Aloha but I am THRILLED with this one, The way they treated their customers and the innocent cities like PGD, St Augustine, GYY, and others that spent major dollars to accomdate them is a DISGRACE to the Industry.

I have never seen a full size jet operator of their size with such a poorly thought out operating plan that if I was an airline consultant and they hired me I would not agree with even ONE pct of their operating strategy. I could easily write a 2000 word essay on all the stupid moves, choices, and way of doing buisness these clowns had but I think I've said enough.

I just hope the DOT, DOJ, FAA, etc never let their founders start another airline in this country.

About the only positive thing I can think of is at least they never killed anybody !

End of Rant

LGA777

I think Matt said it best, bad business plan, to bad for the front line ppl but the managers.....they can go screw.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    This week will probably go down in airline history. First Aloha, then Champion, and then ATA. Now SkyBus, whose next?
    you can't really say 4. skybus was more of an expensive puttpe show with airplanes. three airlines died this week, IMO.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The biggest losers: the taxpayers of Columbus, Ohio, who handed Skybus about $30 million in loans and incentives which they'll never get back.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Cancidas, my thoughts exactly. Skybus was hardly an airline, just a fake name that tried to make flights, and failed.
    "lol retart"