Thread: My "near death" experience today

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

My "near death" experience today

Picture this:

I drove to the gym and parked my car in a stall and shut off the engine. I was on my hands-free set still having a conversation, just sitting in the car, when my car suddenly moves.

Now when I say it moved, I mean I felt a little thud. My car just swayed a bit as if hit by a gust of wind.

I was still on the phone but I got out of the car to see a black 4x4 which was trying to get out of stall near and perpendicular to my car. It had just nudged my fender and was pulling back forward into his stall so that he could back out again.

I look at my fender, there is absolutely no damage. But he suddenly lowers his window and is yelling, "I didn't hit your car!" He is loud enough that my friend on the phone is hearing the entire conversation. This guy just tapped my fender and he's yelling at me? Tell me, what the heck is wrong with this picture?!

Funny. I didn't accuse him of anything yet nor did I plan too but but I guess he had a guilty conscience? I reply, "Actually, you did, but there is no damage."

He begins to yell "I didn't I didn't hit anything!"
    He then slams his gear into park and is about to get out, all pissed off.

My life flashes before my eyes as I say, "Look, I was sitting in the car on my phone when it suddenly moved. You definitely hit me but there's no damage."

He then drives off. I think he knew he was in the wrong as he drove off quickly. My friend is still on the phone, hears everything and is shocked at how calm I was.

What blows my mind was:
    1) how quickly he claimed not to hit me. and
    2) how after the thud, he pulls forward into his stall again to recorrect his angle of backing out. Both scream guilty.

Now, why did my life flash before my eyes? His movement to put the car into park put my fight or flight mode on standby. And I'll tell you , I was ready to fly.

Here is the url that is emblazoned on his truck:

http://www.derek anthony .com

I see this guy periodically at the gym. He could have me as a protein shake.

I am constantly amazed at how terrible our society has become. What could have been a simple, sorry I bumped you was on the peak of becoming something much more.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: My near death experience today

You can be thankful for a few things - he didn't damage your car, he didn't damage you, and the steroids have probably caused his privates to shrink so he won't be able to reproduce :shock:

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Now, why did my life flash before my eyes?
    it depends, but most likely because you've never been in that kind of situation. your body and your brain are not used to attempting to comprehend what was going on and reverted to what it did know, your life. that's the explanation told me to by a psychology professor. i'm not pretending to know what you've been through or not, but the human mind is very complicated and behaves in very strange ways.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I guess the steroids really do a number on your behavior.
    LOL!! you're so right... when i saw the link i immediately understood.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    and the steroids have probably caused his privates to shrink so he won't be able to reproduce :shock:
    Believe me, we need less of this type of behavior entering the gene pool.
    8)

The car wasn't a worry but if that guy jumped out, I would have run right into the gym. Yeah, he would have shown me, kicking my ass. Like I was even a threat :roll: :roll:

but the human mind is very complicated
    Oh I know. When I saw that movement to shift to park, I was thinking, great, he's gonna come and kill me or eat me and I'm not even getting up in his face. One can wonder what he was thinking and how the chemicals affect his judgement.

If he'dd gotten too close he might have pulled a Tyson and ate my ear!
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Steroids make empty muscle. Mario, you are a better man than I, as I feel a nice jab to the throat corrects all attitudes.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Don't worry Mario I got your back!

Re: My "near death" experience today

In retrospect, its funny that such a simple action could have evolved differently.

I was simply an unneccesary interaction.

Re: My "near death" experience today

I hate people like, especially since I just got my license I hope to never ecounter some asituation like that.
    But I bet it is gonna be kind of awkward the next time you see him at the gym.
    I don't know if you'd like revenge on the guy for that verbal confrontation but;
    There is always the laxative in his protein shake.... priceless.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY