Thread: RJ is being screwy in DTW again!!!

RJ is being screwy in DTW again!!!

Fellow Detroit Spotter member Andrew and I were talking and he said he heard RJ on the radio today (Friday)....

Now, RJ operates DTW-YUL-AMM on Tuesdays and Thursdays...

But that wasn't the extent of the weirdness! Yes, in fact there was a DTW-AMM (direct) flight today, but yesterday, they operated 2 flights here, does anyone know what could be up????

Just to add to the oddness they flopped the schedule too, they are now back to direct DTW-AMM (they took away the stopover at YUL) and moved the times around from a night time arrival to a morning arrival and departure......

So after about an hour of searching, I am more confused than when I began!!! :|
    nwa FOREVER!

Re: RJ is being screwy in DTW again!!!

Depends on what flight tracking website you were looking on, Thaler.

I'm looking on Flightstats and see that yesterday there was indeed a RJ flight to DTW but it was from YUL and back to YUL. I also see that there were two departures yesterday to YUL but judging by the close departure times and flight numbers I'm guessing it's just a mistake on the website.

No, Flightstats didn't catch the second flight (nonstop), I am running directly off of the RJ data, and personal accounts by people who were there.
    nwa FOREVER!

Oh, by the way, I think I solved part of the mystery.

Thursdays they apparently were operating 2 daily (RJ267/268 and RJ269/270) but are moving that to 1 daily starting next Thursday. One flight operated with a stop in YUL and one without that stop (according to RJ). The new flights will be all non-stop (again according to RJ) without the stop in YUL...

But that still doesn't explain why RJ269/270 was at DTW today!
    nwa FOREVER!

Matt, without trying to sound like an ass this sounds to me what we call in the airline industry a "schedule change". Most Airlines and most larger stations have them every few months, some Airlines like US has them about once a month or at least every 6 weeks. I'm guessing from your confusion RJ has had the same schedule at DTW for as long as you have been spotting. With some International carriers with a few flights a week at a far away from home base station like RJ at DTW it is concievable that nothing may have changed in a few years, I know the JFK RJ flight numbers are over at least 10 years old.

Respectfully,

LGA777

No, that isn't what is confusing me, what is confusing me is the extra flight yesterday and the flight today.

These flights do not repeat in the schedule. I understand the swapping times, I just posted that because I found it out in my searching.
    nwa FOREVER!

From what I could gather on the post on Airliners that you made it seems like it had to do with a tech issue and an extra flight which I had previously mentioned to you.