Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday, March 30 LGA and JFK - Pics start on page 2

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Sunday, March 30 LGA and JFK - Pics start on page 2

Anyone going out this Sunday? The cloud cover will likely be nice, and the temps will be in the mid 40s, but the winds are kinda weird...forecast to be northeast in the morning, transitioning to southeast in the afternoon.

I think I'm going to head to Planeview Park in the morning, and then either Grand Central Pedestrian Bridge or Frank M. Charles Park in the afternoon, depending on who is using what configuration...

Re: Sunday, March 30?

I will try and get out for a bit on Sunday.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Depending on what I can get accomplished around the house on Saturday, I may make an appearance.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Just out of curiosity, does JFK send most arrivals to 13L or 13R when they're on the 13s? Do they ever use the 13s in good weather, or will they just use the 4s?

(I suspect I'll end up staying at LGA, they will probably land 4/depart 13 all day.)

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Just out of curiosity, does JFK send most arrivals to 13L or 13R when they're on the 13s? Do they ever use the 13s in good weather, or will they just use the 4s?

(I suspect I'll end up staying at LGA, they will probably land 4/depart 13 all day.)
    Landings are on 13L and departures will be from 13R. I've spotted plenty of times from Cargo Plaza, but the light is tricky sometimes and it's VERY risky just being there, less'n of course you can steal someone's baby.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin
    I've spotted plenty of times from Cargo Plaza, but the light is tricky sometimes and it's VERY risky just being there, less'n of course you can steal someone's baby.
    Meant to post this the other day - I drove past Cargo Plaza last week, and the parking lot is blocked off - all the entrances have Jersey barriers closing them off, and the delivery bays in the building across the way are also blocked off with barriers right up along the roadway. Don't know if Air India shut down or moved their cargo ops, but there is no way to get a truck in to any of the bays.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

So now what?!?! lol
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

I may head over to LGA in the morning Saturday or Sunday, or both.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm not going to Cargo Plaza :P But Sundays when I don't have anything else to do are going to be rare for the next few months, so I'm a bit desperate :)

I'm on Google Maps staking out a few spots west of the airport (around Conduit Ave) that might work for 13R arrivals. I'll wander around the neighborhood if JFK is on the 13s, but if they're on the 4s, I'm going to stay at LGA and get some 13 departures.

(Anyone who wants my cell phone number, PM me.)

I might head out Saturday and/or Sunday. I've definitely wanted to hit up LGA (specifically Planeview) for a long time, but don't think I'll be able to make it out that early on Sunday due to Sat. night festivities. Anybody else thinking about heading out Saturday? If not, I'll probably join Adam at LGA in the afternoon.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

I can't make it out this weekend...far to much going on. If the WX is nice next weekend I'm going to try to do a dawn to dusk outing..

If we're planning a dawn to dusk outing, we need lawn chairs and beer!!! :mrgreen:

I wish I could go out on Saturday...the weather is now looking better on Saturday than Sunday. On Sunday, we should be good until 4 or so, but all bets are off after that.

I may actually head to PHL on Sunday...their forecast is looking a bit better than ours, and I've wanted to spot there for a long time, and Hog Island Road may not be an option for much longer. I'll make a final decision on Saturday night...

Well it looks like my schedule for Saturday is booking up fast, so that's probably no good for me anyway. I would do Phili with you Adam if we would have planned it a little more in advance. I'm meeting up with some friends that I haven't seen in a while on Saturday and I'm sure it will be a very late night. Have fun (and let us know) if you decide to go. If you decide not to go, perhaps we can plan for next Sunday.

Weather forecast is looking better in NYC tomorrow...I'll be at LGA in the morning and JFK in the afternoon, depending on runway configs...