Thread: Any booking secrets I'm missing..

Any booking secrets I'm missing..

I've been trying to find a flight home for a wknd, from Newport News or Norfolk to JFK or LGA. Preferably non stop and leaving Friday and returning Sunday. I've used the Continental website and Travelocity. I had a buddy who flew round trip nonstop for $209 and I can't find anything even near that. Cliff notes, I suck at finding flights online.

Re: Any booking secrets I'm missing..

Try AirTran.com...I did a quick weekend search for mid April and they had web specials of $89 each way from PHF-LGA-PHF nonstop.

Also I like Orbitz because you have a lot better choice of flying different airlines on segments as opposed to some of the others.

Finally, check out kayak.com
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

It’s not a matter of sucking at finding low fares. Generally the lowest fare will always be found on the airline's website unless there's no inventory. I stay far away from other booking sites because of some of the finer print. Some fares on Expedia and Travelocity don't offer accommodation if you misconnect or something else happens. Remember to also check other airports within the same area. I'm amazed sometimes at the price difference between JFK and LGA.

Thanks for your help!