Thread: New Rock Station In NYC

New Rock Station In NYC

I don't know if this was posted yet or not, but i was in my doctor's office the other day and instead of the usual CD101.9 Jazz I heard the Chili Peppers. I jokingly asked the receptionist if this is what they listened to before the DR arrived (It was 8:15 and i was early for a 9:00 appt). She told me that CD101.9 changed formats on Feb 5th and it's a mix between K-Rock and Q104.3. I have been listening the last few days and it's not so bad.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Re: New Rock Station In NYC

Yeah, saw it on the side of a bus the other day... sounds good

Im surprised about Krock though, this summer they were playing ALL the great songs... and since last month, they have really been going downhill. I wonder why they changed their format again, but I dont like it :(

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i saw the billboard a few weeks ago, and checked it out. i don't use the radio that often. as soon as i hear the first commercial i end up going back to CD and get caught up in that again... im thinking of addding an ADF to my car, this way i'll always have AM radio available for traffic updates.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

K-Rock plays a little too much Incubus. They play "Pardon Me" almost on the hour as if it just came out and is loved by people. I could also do without their daily "Freefalling" by Tom Petty. The station is disappointing.

I'm excited to hear about 101.9 though.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I miss the old CD 101.9 though...I like smooth Jazz!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    I miss the old CD 101.9 though...I like smooth Jazz!
    I wonder what station theyre going to put on in the docs office now :)

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i saw the billboard a few weeks ago, and checked it out. i don't use the radio that often. as soon as i hear the first commercial i end up going back to CD and get caught up in that again... im thinking of addding an ADF to my car, this way i'll always have AM radio available for traffic updates.
    News Flash Your truck has A.M. radio in it!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Only listen to 92.3 from 6:40 to 7:30 then XM 202 to 8:00 then XM from 5:30 to 6:00. O&A, party rocks!!!!
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I listen to 95.5 in the morning and then its either CD's or 105.3 or KTU 103.5.

92.3 , 104.3 and 95.5 mostly. When my girlfriend is in the car we listne to a various mix so I have everythingf from 92.3 on there to 105.1 set in my car and 880 AM as well.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

101.1 has some good oldies sometimes, but I miss jack :(

I may check it out as I'm in the market for a new terestrial station. I was down to 95.5 for morning and afternoon drive times and XM rest of the day, but since Citidel is determined to wreck the staion I have defected. The firing of Rocky Allen for no other reason than cost cutting finally sent me full time to XM. Does anyone know of anything similar to Rocky on XM. I really miss it at work.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Over the last few years, radio has gotten so much worse. its really deplorable.

I mean, one morning a few years ago, I tuned into 92.7 WLIR, which was a great mix of 80, 90s and alternative and it was spanish all of a sudden. (I hate the Morey organization for that.)

Now, i'ts not b/c I hate spanish music. I love turnign into L Mega, 97.9 when the mood strieks me. and I loved to tune into 101.9 jazz when I was in the mood. But now thats now gone too.

Thank G-d 105.3 is still here, great thumping party music and it now has a nassau station too. Loving it.

so what are we left with:

and guess what? They all sound the friggin same. They all cycle around mainstream pop with a subtle tendency toward a style. But they are all mishmosh stations regardless.

So now I listen to 94.3 since its the closest thing to WLIR music around, but even its subpar.
    105.3 and its nassau sister, which I forget but its locked into the car stereo
    heck, I even tune into the r+B station...the rap one that escapes me.

I used to enjoy tuning the radio looking for diverse channels. so much for that.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass Flyboy
    I may check it out as I'm in the market for a new terestrial station. I was down to 95.5 for morning and afternoon drive times and XM rest of the day, but since Citidel is determined to wreck the staion I have defected. The firing of Rocky Allen for no other reason than cost cutting finally sent me full time to XM. Does anyone know of anything similar to Rocky on XM. I really miss it at work.
    They did fire Rocky Allan? I don't listen to much in the afternoon but did notice he was gone...They just brought him back to..what a waste, he was really good. I just wonder how soon until Scott Shanon retires, he's getting up there.