Thread: First 767-400 Freighter (??)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

First 767-400 Freighter (??)

[airliners38205[/airlinersfound this shot on anet earlier, is this the first -400 freighter? anyone know who's getting it?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: First 767-[b]400[/b] Freighter (??)

What the %#@$!? Nice find man!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: First 767-400 Freighter (??)

wow!!! Great find!!..I wonder with the designation E-10A it's something for the Air Force? Moose?? Can you shed light??
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Boeing:
    E-10A MC2A (Multi-sensor Command and Control Aircraft)

Overview
    E-10A provides next-generation battle management capabilities based on a near-real time picture of the air and ground battlespace. E-10A utilizes advanced sensors, communications and computers connected via a common high-speed network to other aircraft, satellites, UAVs, and ships. This network will incorporate wide-band communications systems to transmit and receive unprecedented amounts of decision-quality data. E-10A will be a central node in the Air Force's Command and Control Constellation (C2C).

Development Increment One:

* Developing and deploying a ground surveillance, cruise missile defense, and battle management capability.
    * Installation of a fiber-optic backbone will accommodate future growth and ease the integration of added capabilities into the aircraft.

Development Increment Two:

* Integration of an air moving target indication (AMTI) capability either on the same or separate 767-400 aircraft. AMTI will greatly enhance battle management, surveillance, targeting and command and control capability.

E-10A Capabilities/Profile:
    Aircraft Type: Modified 767-400 Extended Range
    Predicted Aircraft Performance:

* Service Ceiling: 34,000 - 38,000 Feet
    * Range/Duration: Mission Profile -- 400 nm transit range with 11.5 hrs Time-On-Station; unlimited w/in-flight refueling
    * Cruise Airspeed: 0.76 Mach

Dimensions:

* 170 Feet, 4 Inches (Wing Span)
    * 201 Feet, 4 Inches (Length)
    * 55 Feet, 4 Inches (Height)

Weight: 450,000 Pounds (Maximum Takeoff Weight)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

interesting... airbus gets the KC, boeing gets the EC?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Apparently this was awarded a few years ago. Neat mission objective though: fly 400 miles to a battle theater and circle for 11 hours and fly back, or fly forever with the help of a KC-30. :)
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Sounds like a replacment..or addition to the E-4B.I am a little concenred with having 2 engines instead of 4.
    http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/c3i/e-4b.htm
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Apparently this was awarded a few years ago. Neat mission objective though: fly 400 miles to a battle theater and circle for 11 hours and fly back, or fly forever with the help of a KC-30. :)
    they can't fly forever. the loo eventually fills up...

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Sounds like a replacment..or addition to the E-4B.I am a little concenred with having 2 engines instead of 4.
    http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/c3i/e-4b.htm
    Senga
    I think the E4B is designed more for command and control of the homeland in the event Washington DC gets nuked, whereas the E-10 would be sent to Qatar and then circle over Fallujah during a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    I think the E4B is designed more for command and control of the homeland in the event Washington DC gets nuked, whereas the E-10 would be sent to Qatar and then circle over Fallujah during a battle.
    The E-4 was designed as an national airborne command post, and while the mission has changed somewhat, it still functions in that role. The E-10 was intended to suppliment/replace the J-STARS battlefield command & control aircraft, as well as the various flavors of RC-135. Unfortunately, due to our Iraqi adventure, as well as other shifting priorities, the Air Force has stopped funding this program, and it is unlikely that it will move forward into operational service.

ETOPS type programs have given way to fantastic reliability on powerplants but I question the wisdom of a twin engine type flying the type of duty that it would in combat type situations anyhow..............
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"