Thread: JFK 3/22/08

JFK 3/22/08

Forecast is calling for sun in the afternoon. I was wondering if anyone was planning on going to tomorrow afternoon or even Sunday? I might go out either time if it looks okay.

Later.

Re: JFK 3/22/08

Sunday is Easter so that's a def no. Depending on what I get done tomorrow I might go out for a little bit.

It's a sickness, I tell you...had some running around to do today, and when I got done, you guessed it, I headed over to Firestone for a few hours this afternoon. The parking lot was fairly full, and shortly after I parked down by the fence, some woman in a huge SUV pulled in to the spot next to me, blocking my view. I ended up down in the corner of the lot behind McDonalds. Ended up with some good looking background clouds, and beautiful light as the day wound down.

Birdstrike! :shock:

Thinking "Just another RJ", I almost didn't get this one. You should have seen me fumbling for the camera when I saw the markings!

Gotta have a Triple-7 shot!

I know a few guys sometimes shoot from the park near the Cedarhurst train station, and I took a ride over that way at one point. Caught the Qantas 744 from a parking lot nearby - an interesting angle.

After three days in a row, I'm taking Easter off. Of course, I'll be seeing my folks in Elmont, and will have the camera in the car, so...

haha. Good stuff Moose. You're definitely becoming a serious addict. :)

What settings are you using on your camera these days?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Moose, I saw you had some photos of AF1 recently. Did the president pay a visit to JFK? I know he was down here in Florida the past couple of days.

Moose, I saw you had some photos of AF1 recently. Did the president pay a visit to JFK? I know he was down here in Florida the past couple of days.
    He was in NYC Friday the 14th. In around 9AM, out by 2:30PM or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    haha. Good stuff Moose. You're definitely becoming a serious addict. :)

What settings are you using on your camera these days?
    Thanks Phil! I'm keeping it fairly simple - ISO 100, Av Mode at f/7.1 or f/8.0. That usually results in a shutter speed around 1/500 or higher. I usually dial in -1/3 EV, I find that helps keep me from blowing out the highlights on white fuselages. I do a fair amount of experimenting with other shooting, but try to keep things consistent for spotting.