Thread: High Winds Causing Delays at NYC Airports

High Winds Causing Delays at NYC Airports

LGA is down to one runway due to 30 mph gusts, forecast to increase to 45 mph. FAA reporting delays of 2 hours 11 mins.

EWR delays coming in at 1 1/2 hours.

No problems at JFK so far.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: High Winds Causing Delays at NYC Airports

Good to see things are par for the course at LGA.....I really hate LGA...the airport is useless during any kind of WX event. Last night I was delayed 4 hours because of WX. The airport really sucks!

We are up and down 31 untill about 5 PM tomorrow based on forcasts. Fun fun fun fun
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Great time for some marina action, too bad I'm stuck at work.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

They are landing on the localier approach, so no banking action. When they come in straight, they tend to come in a litlte higher and not as appealing for photogaphy unfortunately.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Cloud cover would blow any chance you HAD at shooting today either way.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm leaving on an 8am UAL flight. Hope to get out before the traffic hits...
    "lol retart"

Clear and windy, 31 is all the rage for the airline party at lga.

Today is one of the worst three days I have seen in my time at LGA. The gridlock is AMAZING. We have all but stopped useing Alpha in case there is an aircraft emergency. It is taking about 35 minutes for planes to get to gates on east side of the feild and longer in some cases becaus of the gridlock. 31 up and down is by far the worst config for this airport.

FAA reporting 2 hour arrival delays, 1 hour and increasing on LGA departures.

EWR is at 2 hours 15 minutes on arrivals, 30 mins on departures.

JFK 1 hour 16 mins on arrivals, 30 mins on departures.

ORD delays are at 3 1/2 hours due to a snow storm.

Safe to say a whole lot of flights in this great land are delayed today.