Thread: Airbus A380 Visit Anniversary

Airbus A380 Visit Anniversary

How fast time goes by. March 19, 2008 is the anniversary of the first-ever visit of the A380 to JFK. It arrived after noon as DLH 8940. It was quite a sight. I thought there'd be more flights soon after, but we're still waiting. I know they're having difficulties with manufacturing and several orders were canceled. I'd like to see her visit again. A small fortune was spent to widen a runway and taxiways.

Re: Airbus A380 Visit Anniversary

Was there all three days. Has it been a year already
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Been there as well last year - flew in from Florida during my spring break :)
    Well Emirates have said that they will start the service to New York and London this fall so it is coming. Hopefully, in time for the kids day :)
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

Was there too, it was actually a coincidence. We were #1 for departure, holding short for the A380 to come in... we saw it within a couple hundred feet. sometimes flying jetblue has its perks :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lezam
    Was there too, it was actually a coincidence. We were #1 for departure, holding short for the A380 to come in... we saw it within a couple hundred feet. sometimes flying jetblue has its perks :)
    Was out on the taxiway with the media gaggle that day (Thanks again, Fred!) Listening to ATC, more than one aircrew asked to hold position until the A380 landed - plenty of other pilots wanted to watch her arrive too!

I had a wonderful time with Phil, Mel, and Moose.... what a nice day!

I wanna know who this was!

Here is a shot of us going head to head with the chicken!

Ahhh remembering the Rooftop parking.... I would love to get access there for an hour! ahhh the good old days :cry:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hard to believe it's been a year already. Harder to believe I went to work instead of JFK that day. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

My first spotting trip, where I actually flew from Florida to JFK just to catch her on camera, having started my first full-time job for less than 6 months:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vnvlain/460975481/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vnvlain/460727086/

For me, the event was magical. This plane is the reason I'm back in school to get an aerospace degree.