Thread: Printing photos

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Printing photos

Does anyone here ever print their photos? I've got a couple that I'd like prints of...probably not enough to justify buying a photo printer though. Any suggestions on where to take them? Should I just go to my local copy shop? (I used to work there, they'll give me a discount :) ) Any suggestions on post-processing for print rather than the web?

Re: Printing photos

I just got a nice Canon photo printer, but I've yet to print any photos on it. :) It certainly isn't cheaper with ink running $8,000 a gallon these days (that's not a typo), but I like the convenience.

For post-processing, just make sure you save them at 300dpi, and you might want to brighten them a little, as printed photos tend to come out darker than they look on screen.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I've had a couple of photos printed from Adorama (adoramapix.com) with good results. I didn't do anything special on the post-processing for them, and I checked the box to let them manage colors (alternately, you can download their color profile and work with that).
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

MPIX.COM - Hands down the best company I have dealt with so far. Good prices, fast turn-around time, and great customer service.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i've only printed a few, and i took them to the photo studio in my neighborhood that i've been going to for years with film. they did a great job, including a huge 3'x'4 DC-3 shot on my wall.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    MPIX.COM - Hands down the best company I have dealt with so far. Good prices, fast turn-around time, and great customer service.
    I have also heard that MPIX is very good. As for myself in addition to Aviation photo's I shoot Glamour photography and debating wheather to send those type of photo's out or to invest in a nice photo Printer. I have been told that Epson has some really good photo printers.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture