Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Jones Beach Airshow

Re: 2008 Jones Beach Airshow

> Second year in a row I didn't have any delays getting in or out.<

My oldest son and his girlfriend left at 11 and got there just in time to see the Angels. In fact they just parked on the side of the road at that point. I was listening to the radio broadcast and they announced if you arent close dont bother. This was around 11:45.

>I've seen all the performers before except the Raptor, and really only went to the beach to see it fly. I was dumbfounded watching it. I don't know what it is, but is clearly isn't an airplane...airplanes don't what the Raptor did. It was like a religious experience watching that bird fly<

LOL I know what you mean. Today I did FRG and was by the Atlantic parking lot on 109 as Raptor 1 did two flybys!! Whoa!! The way it turns on the DIME is truly amazing!!
    And when Angel 9, the C-130, returned it came tearing in and as it turned for Runway 14 I swear the wings were pointed straight down.
    When it came back I thought it was going to do a high pass then all of a sudden he drops his nose and comes straight down. Nice!!
    The Angels did one low flyby with smoke along 32 then did a hard right break to line-up for 32.
    It was truly a fun weekend with the beach yesterday and FRG today.

Moose! Those raptor shots are incredible!
    I'll have my pictures up probably tomorrow.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Anyone notice those protesters?

So I was stuck with my dinky 18-55mm, but I tried to make the best of it. These have been slightly edited.

Hope to get more soon.

My first time at FRG: Shooting through the fence, literally. Leaving late afternoon.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    wow moose, those are insane! kudos!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I was looking through my photos, and apparently I caught Ed Hamill (Air Force Reserve Biplane) on his cell phone. I didn't even know it was him when I took the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by heeshung
    I was looking through my photos, and apparently I caught Ed Hamill (Air Force Reserve Biplane) on his cell phone. I didn't even know it was him when I took the shot.

Even stunt flies gotta check their "Crackberries" LOL!!! Great catch!

Here's a real small sampling from the 10,000 or so I shot over the last few days:

It was great to hang a bit w/ Fred M, Fred K, and Scotty. Hope to see you all again soon!

Hey All, Finally I am back! Thank you all for a weekend that will reflect a lifetime.
    Final damage to my camera was around 15k worth of banging away. I got to meet
    Lots of great people and my only issue was that I was running so much and was so
    tired at the same time, I did not get to spend much time with anyone. Nick, WE
    GOTTA HANG!

Here are just a few of my shots from the weekend.
    "Ahhhh, almost like being home!"

Missing Something?

I did not even look at Sunday's shots yet!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

50mph with no seatbelt on??

ITS PHOTOSHOPPED DAN :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Great shots, Fred! You know, some of them look very much like mine - you would think we were together all weekend

That last US Marines helicopter. What is that? I saw that fly over Queens around 1pm on Saturday while I was in the middle of a hockey game. Teammate yelled at me for looking up. (I scored about 30 seconds later).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    That last US Marines helicopter. What is that? I saw that fly over Queens around 1pm on Saturday while I was in the middle of a hockey game. Teammate yelled at me for looking up. (I scored about 30 seconds later).
    Same one flew over my house last Thursday. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12107
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

awesome shots everyone!!!.. Fred.. did they give you any problems with the pass's??

So My Pics arent anywhere near as good as any of yours and if i knew how to use photoshop i would touch them up!.. but here is what i took when i wasnt fueling the angels!! Enjoy