Thread: Benefiting from DL/NW merger

Benefiting from DL/NW merger

As much as none of us likes it, it will probably happen (isn't that one of the Murphy's laws? :| ). So I am wondering how their frequent flyer programs will merge? Do you think they would allow us to combine the two account balances?

I have about 4k of worldperks from long time ago and have been getting skymiles instead whenever I fly NWA since I do have a lot more miles in Delta account. However, now that they will probably merge, I wonder if it is a good idea to start double dipping to increase my worldperks balance.

For example, e-rewards allows only one redemption per year so I haven't taken any surveys since I got the points transfered to Delta account. Now I can try to fill some out and get some NWA miles as well. Starting my one month Netflix subscription using NWA promo, etc.

Thoughts?

Dima
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

Re: Benefiting from DL/NW merger

They probably won't be able to be combined.... It is unfortunate that Worldperks will go away since it is the far superior program. I will be very sad when it is gone. The NW Elite program was much better as well....
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    They probably won't be able to be combined.... It is unfortunate that Worldperks will go away since it is the far superior program. I will be very sad when it is gone. The NW Elite program was much better as well....

As far as I am concerned the buying airline will pick up the other airlines mileage and meet/match up everything.

Like US/AW merged their mileages no one lost miles.

So I am not sure what the confusion is when you say they won't be able to be combined?

AA/TWA also matched their mileages as well.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Really? That shocks me, I would think they wouldn't allow you to combine 2 different mileage programs...
    nwa FOREVER!

You can already swap miles between Skymiles partners. I definately think they will merge.
    "lol retart"

Really? That shocks me, I would think they wouldn't allow you to combine 2 different mileage programs...

Matt--

Do you know how many fliers the airline would lose if NW didn't match DL's, or DL didn't match NW. In this scenario, DL is buying NW or merging but with DL's name. Anybody with elite status, or has numerous NW miles, DL will keep and recognize and simply convert it to DL's programs.

They almost have to do it to keep their customers.

Every airline that merged or bought out, that airline matched the fliers status.

AA picked up TWA, and TWA fliers retained status on AA or miles (Ask tommy for that)

US/AW combined their miles and anyone with AWA miles simply were given a dividend account number.

etc..etc..etc.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I know that,

But my point was COMBINING miles from Skymiles and WorldPerks, I wouldn't think merging 2 FF accounts would be allowed.
    nwa FOREVER!

I know that,

But my point was COMBINING miles from Skymiles and WorldPerks, I wouldn't think merging 2 FF accounts would be allowed.
    Then I am not understanding your question....

Thats just what they would do in the merger.

Give everyone the DL account number, and all, and their status and whatnot.

Or are you reffering to the RULES and REGULATIONS of each account? Maybe that's what I am misunderstanding?

Alex

No, Alex, what I believe the question was, was addressing a situation like this.

Bob Smith has 12,000 miles in his Delta Skymiles account, and has 159,000 in his Northwest Worldperks miles, would they allow the combining of those two accounts, for a total milage of 171,000 miles (and possibility of combining them for Elite status)?
    nwa FOREVER!

No, Alex, what I believe the question was, was addressing a situation like this.

Bob Smith has 12,000 miles in his Delta Skymiles account, and has 159,000 in his Northwest Worldperks miles, would they allow the combining of those two accounts, for a total milage of 171,000 miles (and possibility of combining them for Elite status)?
    Yes they would. TWA/AA did it, US/AW did it, they all will.

That is what I was thinking you meant the whole time.

Alex