Thread: "Family Airlines"

"Family Airlines"

This seems like a pipe dream , like Skybus 2.0 .
    I doubt it will be anything but be a money loser

Here is the DOT filing
    http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/c ... -2008-0029

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    January 28, 2008
    FAMILY AIRLINES FILES FOR DOT APPROVAL
    Las Vegas-Based Carrier to Offer Non-Stop Economy Flights Between Large Markets
    In the Continental U.S. and Hawaii
    Las Vegas, NV — Family Airlines, a new Las Vegas-based carrier, which just filed for DOT approval, will use Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets and a fare structure that significantly decreases the lowest fares offered today by other airlines.
    To do this, Family's unrestricted, no-frills economy fare - $19 one way from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and $69 coast to-coast - will be the same for every passenger in similar class seating. This pricing strategy is intended to stimulate additional traffic and to capture a significant portion of the existing market.
    Unique to Family Airlines will be a special “family section” for people traveling with children.
    Barry Michaels, Family Airlines founder and CEO, explains his business model, saying, “While the primary source of revenue for most airlines is passenger ticket sales the Family Airlines strategy will depend on the development of alternative profit centers to generate additional sources of revenue. “Such alternative profit centers might include in-flight food service, in-flight entertainment, internet and email access http://www.familyairlines.com
    Here is the webpage for the so called CEO, who also happens to be running for Congress this year.. funny thing is he looks like Dr. Phil

http://michaelsforcongress.com/blog/abo ... -michaels/

An interesting part on his website says
    “I have what most would consider a “checkered past” and have paid the price several times over. I am a convicted white-collar offender (ex-felon) who spent fifteen months of a twenty-one month sentence at the minimum security Nellis Federal Prison Camp in North Las Vegas for security and tax violations that occurred in 1992."

Re: "Family Airlines"

Unique to Family Airlines will be a special “family section” for people traveling with children.
    Most aircraft have that - it's called the forward cargo hold

“I have what most would consider a “checkered past” and have paid the price several times over. I am a convicted white-collar offender (ex-felon) who spent fifteen months of a twenty-one month sentence at the minimum security Nellis Federal Prison Camp in North Las Vegas for security and tax violations that occurred in 1992."
    Yeah, this sounds like it will get off to a rip-roaring success.

Haha, wow, a 747-400 LAS-LAX? Now I have seen everything
    nwa FOREVER!

Yep , Im reading some of the filing stuff . Seems as of they're banking on as much as 100,000lbs of cargo . sounds foolish at best

Didn't they try this in the mid 90's? The airline name/scheme sounds familiar.
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Haha, wow, a 747-400 LAS-LAX? Now I have seen everything
    Nope, you've seen everything when they use the A380 for LAS-LAX.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Most aircraft have that - it's called the forward cargo hold
    hahahaha!! :borat:

anyway, even if this airline never takes off, I hope the idea of a Family section will. I'm a little tired of sitting next to kicking screaming and crying children

Something about this stinks of S C A M......

Especially with this guy's history......

Then again, maybe he has some management from US advising him.
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP
    Something about this stinks of S C A M......
    I agree, is this really legit? Why would ANYONE try to start a "family airline" based of all places Las Vegas!

It's pretty much a known fact that Vegas figured out that it's really not a kid friendly place and has gone back to more adult themed hotels & shows. The Pirates show at Treasure Island changing to "The Sirens of TI" is a perfect example.

Secondly look at the recent hotels that have gone up... Wynn, Trump Towers. Neither of these two promote kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic
    Didn't they try this in the mid 90's? The airline name/scheme sounds familiar.
    They did have 747's painted in the Family Airlines colors, but they never started operating.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Family-A ... 0215586/L/