Thread: LHR or LGW? -I flew TWA from JFK to London in the mid -80s..

LHR or LGW? -I flew TWA from JFK to London in the mid -80s..

...but I was 15 and don't remember what airport we arrived at. I was thinking of this when I saw the recent pics of T5 on here, because I remember my parents taking me there to ship me off to Europe that summer with an exchange group. Geek that I am, I remember we flew over on a Tristar and back on a 747, but I have no recollection of what airport we arrived at in the UK, just that we stayed at a place there quite similar to the London 'hotel' in European Vacation. A.net has pics of TWA aircraft at both LHR and LGW around the time ('85 IIRC) but if anyone knows if they served both or just LHR from JFK at that time it would help!

Re: LHR or LGW? -I flew TWA from JFK to London in the mid -80s..

Did you also happen to see TWA 727's floating around the airport? Or united or PanAm? If so that your answer would be Hethrow. If not than the chance is that you may have experinced Londons "other airport" Gatwick.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

If it was 1985 you flew into LHR. TWA only served LHR from JFK at that time period. They served LGW from STL and later JFK after they sold the LHR rights to AA.

Thanks Tommy, I had a hunch that was the case but was wondering when I saw '80s pics of TWA at Gatwick on A.net. I've been to LHR many times since and never was quite sure if it was same place I'd been to as a teen.