Thread: The IND Spotter Group Invites You To IND

The IND Spotter Group Invites You To IND

Members of NYCAviation, the IND Spotting Group, would like to invite all of you to IND, sometime in the late spring or early summer to IND, for a day of spotting, cookout and sharing aviation stories and memorabilia.

It is our groups way of saying thank you for you support of our site. I know it is a short flight if you work for an airline, and hard for many of you to attend but we hope many of you can.

The date will be set up at a later time

Re: The IND Spotter Group Invites You To IND

I'd be interested.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

As a member of Detroit Spotters, I will try to be there.
    nwa FOREVER!

I would be interested. Who flies to Indy?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I'd be interested as well...I need to take a long weekend to Indy eventually anyway :)

Eric: CO, NW, US, and DL fly there nonstop. You can get there in one stop on just about any domestic airline.

Guys that would be fantastic if you could all attend, right now I am thinking of maybe when the new terminal opens, or on opening day of the terminal

I'd be interested, good excuse for a mileage run.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

might be able to do it, of course the actual ate would be the deciding factor.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Wow, nice gesture!

Been meaning to touch base with the IND crew. I'm actually in the flight program up at Purdue/LAF, so Indy is just a 45-minute stone's throw. Would be great to meet the local guys and take some shots, so I'll definitely be listening in for a date.

For those planning to travel, US and NW both have nonstops from LGA; Delta, not surprisingly, goes out of JFK with a once-daily evening ERJ. United will also bring you through ORD which, when the price is right, I prefer to do for the larger equipment (weather cooperating).

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I'd be interested in coming up/down whenever it happens! Im sure I could find a place to stay near Purdue

Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

I hope I can make it as well. I have had the pleasure of spotting several times at IND, and I would best describe it as an underated airport, as many photags don't realize all IND has to offer. It has several great spotting locations, the occoasional ATA L-1011/DC-10 or 753 movement (ATA's MTC base is their) and then there is Fedex. They have a fair amount of day lite movement. For example they have a large late morning/noon time arrival bank that would be really fun to shoot. I used Friday for example and on flight aware found the following arrivals basically with in a 2 hour period. 7 MD-10's. 5 A-300's, and 2 A-310's. The smaller Sat morning bank had 5 MD-10's and 3 A-300's, still impressive. At other times found DC-10's and MD-11's as well. I hope this post will help to wet some of your appetites. And btw on my past trips I found moderate (low by NYC standards) hotel rates but dirt cheap car rental rates, two years ago I got a Full Size ( Chevy Impala) for around $17 a day, smaller cars where cheaper.

Cheers

LGA777

IND is a good place to spot, but unfortunately we have lost the ATA maintenance base here, although ATA still has it's corporate offices here, the hangar is now occupied by Fed Ex, which we have been lucky enough to spot, the new Fed Ex 757 parked.

Every once in awhile we still see a ATA aircraft inbound for a charter, but that's about it. Fed Ex has a great day sort, and traffic is pretty constant with other carriers.

I am hoping, we can all meet up in the last spring or early summer for this, but hell I am having enough problems getting my own members out to spot, or to understand what the hobby of spotting means....lol. Seriously

Any suggestion as to a date? I'm def game for this. I've never been to IND and wouldn't mind checking it out and even the city in the evening.

We are having a spotting excursion tomorrow in the snow, I will discuss it with the group and see when they want to do this